Friday, April 29, 2016

Soft Glam Bronzed Cut Crease Prom Makeup Tutorial


                Ahhh, what a gloomy day it is outside :(! I shall NOT allow that to affect my mood today BECAUSEEEEE I have this fabulous soft cut crease look for you gold lovin' babes out there still trying to find a prom makeup look.  When it comes to prom we all can go a LITTLE more intensive on the makeup then usual-- I'm talking glittery highlights and dramatic metallic gold's off springing against ANY lip color you fancy, I went for a vibrant orange/pink, however I believe a red would look just as dashing, if not a bit more sensual! Do be noted this will be VERY harsh in regular sunlight so work around whatever lighting you have to ensure the most "natural" contour as well as glow, I personally walked around my house 4 times during the face process just to make sure everything was on point, we alllll do it don't be ashamed ;).  If you follow me on Instagram, which you should because I post fun little updates and sneak peaks, I was explaining how this makeup look is suitable for ANYONE, new artists as well as pro artists- I did this in a way that the only motions you would need to know are smudges and stipples, two simple motions ANYONE can do! Hopefully you beauties enjoy this different sort of artwork, if you DO recreate this please feel free to email me at thaeyeballqueen@gmail.com, if you have questions feel free to email me as well.

*Makeup Forever Pro>Bronze Fusion, 10M Natural Matte Honey
*Nars Highlighting Blush, Miss Liberty 
*Dose Of Colors Lipstick, Coy + Bobbi Brown Shimmer Gloss, Bellini

                            I FINALLY get to tell you guys about these amazing skin care products I got a few days ago from Perfectly Posh! Long story short Leyna Kee, who happens be a consultant for the company, reached out to me and HAND PICKED (I know shocking, most consultants throw things together) certain skin care as well as body care products adjacent to my skin cares needs, as well as wants.  She was extremely thorough and continues to be available for questions I have, the best part is she answers HONESTLY, something many don't do as they would rather make a buck then friend! Why is this all important? Well, I did use the Apricots Overnight facial mask BEFORE doing this tutorial, my skin was 100% smoother and looked radiant, something I hardly get from facials masks.  Be sure to give her a buzz and let HER KNOW that Lillee sent you, click this for her link and be sure to purchase FROM this link--the products are cruelty free (hell yes) and vegan, something I have been longing for, most products make me break out due to the harsh UN-needed chemicals such as petroleum and plastic! I will be posting a review video probably around Saturday night, I want to ensure my review is complete and honest, thus I'm giving myself a few days to test and photograph results :). Once I removed the facial mask with warm water and a cleaned towel I then added a beaker full of my favorite Fresh Seaberry Oil to all zones of my face, including out towards my hairline and under my neck! I noticed the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer has been VERY beneficial to my skin lately, I have a feeling it has to do with the priming base acting as "shield" against the products being added on top, this obviously prevents clogged pores BUT at the same time this shrinks them, how cool is that? As always I took a teeeeeny amount of the product onto the tips of my fingers and gently smoothed into my skin starting from the center, out towards my hairline! This dries instantly so I was able to quickly move onto the foundation stage, I opted in for a lightweight SPF foundation just because the weather IS changing and I don't want to risk frecklage right now, too many is equally as dangerous as having a sun burn.  With that being said I took ONE pump of my Hourglass Veil Fluid Foundation and gently stippled it across all zones of my face using a Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush, most of the product was disbursed across areas with dried up acne/hives to tame the scab like texture!



            I went for a more "subtle" cream contouring effect today as I wasn't digging my typical brightened highlight look, especially with such a eye catching illuminator the highlight should be as natural as possible! To reach that goal though it seems impossible since cream contouring molds our dream faces I simply used the shades Nude and Cinnamon provided by the ABH Cream Contour Kit, Cinnamon blends out like a bronzer and Nude blends in one shade lighter than my normal skin tone, it all works. Placement wise Nude was taken under my eyes in inverted triangles, down the bridge of my nose, across both jaw lines, on my chin as well as on my forehead using a cleaned Sephora Concealer Brush! Cinnamon was placed down the sides of my nose as well as in the hollows of my cheeks, on my jaw lines, and under my lips for added definition. Keep in mind these are MY IDEAL places to contour as well as highlight, many people love to do their forehead, since my face shape is oval-heart this is unnecessary for me, do what looks best for YOU! To blend in the creams I took my brand new Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and began to stipple in the creams starting from my jaw line up, I like to work in clockwise motions to ensure the MOST natural and bearable blend is created, we don't wanna look like drag queens, just ourselves but better ;). Do be aware stippling motions create a much heavier coverage as opposed to straight out circular blending motions, both are acceptable however since this does have the concept of prom in mind I would recommend the first blending mechanism, unless you're using a sponge, in that case go to town girl!


                  Here is the method that will draw some of you into loops, you must have an open perspective in order to execute this correctly!  As mentioned on my IG post as well as above I opted in for stippling motions throughout this entire look, that includes the bronzing AND contouring method powder wise.  How? Well it's actually quite simple-- while your cream contour is still moist start preparing your products, I chose my Makeup Forever bronzer in 10M to begin with my beloved Mac 168 brush in tact.  I began applying the product by STIPPLING it across the hollows of my cheeks up to the temples of my face and back down to the hollows to only drag excess product onto my jaw line, this method will turn the powder/gel product into a creamier and more workable texture, thus stippling becomes super simple! Using my Marc Jacobs #instamarc Filtering Powder Pallet in Mirage Filter, specifically the dark bronze shade only, I first contoured the sides of my nose using the Mac 168 brush bristles clenched together, then proceeded to the stipples, this actually gives VERY natural coverage as stipples scatter product around in a specific area, blending causes harsh lines that are NOT pleasing in natural lighting, they only look good on camera. Oh my goodness I had a serious weird blush moment occur last night when I recorded this tutorial, literally I took a HUGE glob of product onto the bristles of my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush BY ACCIDENT and sat in demonstration for 6 minutes blending damn blush until I could properly instruct you loves on what blush I used, how annoying.  Anyhoo, I opted in for Nyx's Glow blush just because it gives a subtle sheen of color as well as luminous glow, I personally am not a fan of all over matte texture then streaks of shimmer, looks odd to me, so I kept consistent in the texture's I was working with! As you might of guessed, I stippled on the blush starting fro the apples of my cheeks going up towards my hairline :). 

              This part was SO MUCH FUN, at first I had no idea why I even bought Miss Liberty, but after doing this step I now realize why, it is BEYOND glowy and the most pigmented illuminator I have shockingly so!  First off, I began with Benefit's High Beam Liquid illuminator, just to set the stage.  I applied the product onto the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, cupids bow, chin/forehead) and then gently blended it in with stippling motions using my ring+middle finger together.  To finish up I then moved along to dusting Nars's Miss Liberty across my cheekbones as well as down the bridge of my nose using a cleaned Sephora Pro Small Teardrop Highlighter Brush, as you probably already figured I packed on SO MUCH DAMN GLITTER PIGMENT that it probably weighed 20 pounds, but it looked so dewy I didn't even care!  Honestly speaking the makeup felt lightweight on my face, which is rare when you use so much illuminator and such, told ya' the foundation was worth it ;).  Once the eye makeup was completed I then moved forth in applying a generous TWO coats of Coy lipstick by Dose of Colors along with one coating of Bobbi Brown's Shimmer gloss in Bellini, this duo evened out the vibrant Coy and added a glittery touch to it! 

                    The finishing steps include Besame's Brightening Vanilla Face Powder and the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.  Even if you DO NOT opt in for a face powder, although you should because it will matte down any unneeded oils, you should have handy facial spray, one that specifically will set your face and refreshen your makeup as you wear it hours amongst hours long! Being able to do all this makeup is great and quite impressive actually, however if you DO NOT set your face I'm telling you now this will melt off quickly, especially with the amount of illuminator used, bye bye face :(.  Using the Besame Brightening Powder, which contracts any redness, or in some cases sallowness, I brushed it across my under eye area, on my forehead, and from my left jaw line to my chin and finally to my right jaw line using a Sephora Pro Small Teardrop Highlighter Brush!  I opted in for the baking method to ensure the product's would "melt" into my skin and look natural, not caked out and icky.  After give or take 10 minutes I then brushed away the powder and moved onto spraying 4-6 sprays of the UD All Nighter to EVERY ANGLE OF MY FACE, even if you have to Beyonce hair flip, SHAKE THAT HEAD AROUND, every part counts, even the hairline needs to be coated atleast once! 
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Pan: Birkin (cut crease line), Blanc (brow bone)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan: Barcelona Beach (above cut crease), Peach Smoothie (above cut crease), Mocha (smudged across the cut crease line), Vanilla Bean (brow bone), Flame Thrower (lower lash), Shimma Shimma (tear duct)
*Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow Pigment(s): Penelope (lower lash)
*Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow, Amber Lights (lid)
*Too Faced Cat Eyes- Leopard (cut crease), Tiger's Eye (outer third, inner third)
*Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner, Mahogany (cut crease line)
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                            The products might seem completely overwhelming right now, but as the look progresses on you shall notice EACH product flows into each other! For example, Barcelona Beach is mixed with Peach Smoothie, thus making both one shade not two.  To begin the uber glamorous eye makeup I first started off with defining my brows using the ABH Dipbrow Pomade pot in Caramel! I gently outlined my top+bottom brows with a Morphe G11 brush then proceeded to connecting both lines at the tail end of my brow followed by a filling in of each brow using upward stroking motions to mimic REAL hair's best :). For a priming base I suggest sticking to matte bone shades such as Bobbi Brown's Cream Eyeshadow in Bone, ahh look at that same name hehe. I applied it all over my lids and smudged it up to my brow bone, excess product was dragged under my lower lash line using my pinky finger! 
                           
             This is not exactly a "cut crease" makeup look, but it follows the same ideals as one so you should treat it like an intensive smokey eye with an abrupt line difference! The first color added to my eyes is Birkin by Anastasia Beverly hills, this is the cut crease definer shade.  Using a cleaned  Sephora #20 brush I gently smudged the brush in the pan of shadow and proceeded to outlining the crease shape by moving ONE INCH up than my normal crease line, try to make this almost like winged eyeliner but from up above :)! Once I had the shade set I went into a mixture of Barcelona Beach and Peach Smoothie by Makeup Geek and smudged it ABOVE the line using a fluffy Sephora #27 Brush, it is SUPER risky using larger blending brushes with cut crease styles however this is a soft look so no intensity was needed at this point in the game. Switching to a darker brown, Mocha in specific, I then went with a dense blending brush (Mac 217 brush) and smudged it across Birkin to intensify up the shadow look, side to side motions were all that was used! 

                 Take a break from the cut crease and begin working down below on the shimmer, PLEASE do not deviate this step, you will find the finishing touches MUCH EASIER with the method I have in hand! With that being said the first shadow applied to my lid is Amber Lights by Mac using a dense Mac 239 brush, I swished the shade in side to side motions across my lid and blended it up a tad this way it touched the cut crease line.  I then proceeded to going into the color "Tiger's Eye" by Too Faced and gently patted it on the inner + outer third of my lid, sort of like a halo eye, make sure the color's disburse outwards parallel to the cut crease line otherwise it'll look funky! Now switching back to the main brush used originally in the first step,  Sephora #20 brush, I lined my upper lash line using Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner in Black Ink, the liner was tightlined across my upper and lower waterline as well.  MAKE SURE this line is SHARP and lengthy, if it is not the correct ratio it'll turn the eye makeup in another direction that's less soft! Since I finished off by my waterline I decided to then smudge across my lower lash line Flame Thrower by Makeup Geek using a Mac 239 brush, to intensify the color up I then smudged Penelope by Sugarpill across the same line.  The contrast between copper-bronze is simply stunning and a timeless combination! Moving back above I first went into Mahogany cake eyeliner by Laura Mercier and dragged it right across the main cut crease line to add definition, then using a Mac 217 brush I smudged Leopard shadow on the OUTER part of my lid inward towards the crease, this should make a triangle formation, probably the easiest step to do since the bending area is small!

                    To start finishing up the eye makeup take a fluffy brush such as Sephora #27 Brush and go into Blanc + Vanilla Bean shadows, soften the mixture on the brow bone and blend it lightly downwards this way a gradience is formed, this should really soften up the crease work! With that same brush I then went into the shade Shimma Shimma and gently blended it into the tear duct of my eye, this is a super stunning beige shade that compliments ANY eyeshadow look.  Lasttttt touches include the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and KoKo lashes in Goddess! Make sure for the mascara you REALLY smudge it across your lower lashes, as you smudge you'll see it form a heavy black line that almost looks like you applied eyeliner there, this will "dramatize" your overall finish up.  Be sure to go in with lashes that make YOU HAPPY, I chose Goddess just because they're my absolute favorite and they last an uber long time! Till' next time sweeties, I will inform all of you when I upload the tutorial as well as skin care/body care review on Perfectly Posh cosmetics, once again CONTACT LEYNA :).