Sunday, April 10, 2016

Power Puff Girls: Shimmery Green and Vampy Purple Buttercupcake Makeup Tutorial

 

                          Why hello there my sweets! We have reached the end of the Power Puff Girls Series as of today, April 10th, saddening I KNOW, however each versatile look works amazing for numerous occasions.  For example, my Blossom look is perfect for date night while on the other hand, my Bubbles look rears towards more creative makeup, perhaps for clubbing!  Today I have in store something COMPLETELY different, a sexy vampy makeup look inspired by the one and only Buttercupcake.  She is notorious for her black mane and green streak, I decided to not only incorporate the green BUT also show how she is the "darkest" YET sweetest of the bunch!  It seems quite odd in theory, but to exemplify this and also make the look Spring time approved I aimed for acid greens with contrasting deep sparkly plums. IF you want to change the lip color be my guest, I personally feel it will take away from the concept as Cups' is not too sunny! Make sure to take YOUR TIME, this is not a 2 second makeup job, in fact it took the longest out of the other two PPG looks I had done a few days ago.  Smudging and blending are two must's, in other words have a few blending brushes handy! ONE LAST THING (yes I am babbling DEAL WITH IT), the face was actually very simple, not too much was done cream wise since I feel she is a down to earth character-- so if you want to doll up more, you know what to do :).

*ABH Cream Contour Kit, Nude + Cinnamon
*Tarte Bling It On Amazonian Clay Blush Pallet, Beaming
*Nars Liquid Illuminator, Copacabana 

                      For those of you wondering about when I will post the "Cheetah" makeup look, I will not be doing so-- being I had the intent of Black Panther and almost everything I said correlated to that, it's just foolish to confuse you guy's that way.  Thank you TO ALL my loyal lilibers (subscribes of mwahhhh) who have waited this long for a new tutorial!  Trust me, it's a good one since I changed my lighting placement, much clearer. ALSO if you're wondering what the red thing is on my neck let me inform you- I burned myself for you guys.  Literally. I DIDNT have to +Instyler my hair, but I did to be most accurate.  Annnnyyyhooo, having good skin is always most desirable when it comes to UBER intensive makeup looks, however its truly never possible for the average person, even I am guilty.  I am not one to go all out on a routine however so just as usual I steamed my skin and set it with a rather thick coating of my Fresh Seaberry Oil.  As you would imagine, the oil took about an hour to set so during that duration I began picking out products for this makeup tutorial, sorta like a kid in a candy store...minus the candy! After doing so I realized my ND primer is running low so I switched to Dr Brants Pores No More Primer, this stuff gives a beautiful matte yet natural feeling finish.  BE CAREFUL with it comes to getting product out of the tube, this shit squirts product everywhere like tiny worms!  Once I had a pea-sized amount, or an equivalent, I then gently began smoothing it onto my face using circular motions.  Keep in mind during this the product was gradually buffed out towards my hairline, this makes for the most natural coverage for the products to come!   Speaking of products to come, this is the first time in months I have used my Nars Tinted Moisturizer.  It is definitely a product one has to get used to since it can either look flat or like a disco ball radiating off your face! With less than a pea-sized amount onto the back of my hand I picked up my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush and gently dipped into the product.  I began evenly disbursing it across all zones of my face with steady patting/stippling motions, occasionally I buffed the product under my chin and out towards my hairline!  

             Since the Nars Tinted Moisturizer is beyond lightweight and super slim in coverage (it IS buildable, don't get it twisted sista') I really played up a bit with the ABH cream contour kit in a way I NEVER have before!  Rather using the cream colors to ACTUALLY contour or highlight I used them to conceal and bronze, it worked out rather well honestly.  To begin, I took my Sephora Concealer Brush with the shade Nude (ran out of Banana so improvised a bit) and gently yet firmly pressed it upon area's concerning a blemish or perhaps any area's I wanted more even in tone! I stuck to the classic highlighting zones, just sans excess product, was nice to breath if you catch my drift.  Next up came the shade Cinnamon, this blends out very orange so I consider it more of a bronzer than contour!  I took the shade in singular lines along the hollows of my cheeks, the sides of my nose, under my lip, in my crease flicked out towards my temples, and on the exact angle of my jaw line (both obviously hehe).   After my placement was set I moved along to the blending process, this took all of 2 minutes flat! With my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush starting from my left jaw line up I began to use stippling motions to really work the product in.  Some people prefer adding an oil, but I feel the oil's mixture with thick creams clog pores tremendously, why risk it?  Put in a little muscle and surly enough the blending will become seamless, just make sure you buff until the fluff fades.  Holy hell that is perfect. I mean, if you think about it the fluff is the weird lines us women/men draw and the buff is the actually process of beautifying. Genius Lillee strikes again :).  

            Next up is the bronzing/contouring process on re-run, however this time it is with powders to ensure the total appearance is gradual in color and dramatic! Pay close attention to the veining on the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer, surprisingly it makes a big difference between a fake bronzed appearance and more photogenic glow.  With that being said, using my Mac 168 brush and a light hand, I gently blended the bronzy product onto the the temples of my face down to the hollows of my cheeks and around the curvature of my jaw lines!  Getting back to the gradual gradience, I highly recommend incorporating a powder contour for this look. Skin is not one color, so having a huge streak of shit color on your face is very NO BUENO! So, to prevent the no bueno, I used the dark bronze shade from my MJ #Instamarc Filtering Pallet and took it directly in the hollows of my cheeks and on the sides of my nose.  This added tons of dimension to my face and later on as you will see added to the "pop" of my glow!

             It might seem odd for the Tarte Bling It On Pallet to make a reappearance, but really it was for the shade "Beaming".  The blog post from September has gotten quite popular again, which is kind of weird because the pallet was a L.E, it is no longer sold, but anyways, I decided to give it a go and use it for todays look! Using my Mac 168 brush I gently FIRST stippled the product onto the natural angle of my cheeks, I am not used to powders as they always make my skin look poopy.  After stippling the powder on I then swiftly blended it starting from the apples of my cheeks up towards my hairline!  This method varies from person to person, just like with contouring, know your face doll.   Now it tis' time to glow, the most important part of this look!  Starting off with a tiny amount of Nars's Liquid Illuminator on the back of my hand, I took my Tarte Swirl Powder Bronzer and Contour brush and brushed it against the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of my nose, brow bones, chin/forehead, cupid's bow). Once I had a good basis of glow power I then took Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance powder and dragged it along the same areas followed by shade 2 from the Bh Cosmetics Wild & Radiant Pallet smudged in the center of that highlight!  As explained in my tutorial, there is 3 parts to the highlight.  The first third is near the temples, the second third is the center, and the first third is the most eye catching, closest to the nostrils!  The second third reflects light different at different angles thus why I smudged the different glow on that direct spot. 

            I went a bitt crazy on the powder after I applied +AnastasiaBeverlyHills Venom lipgloss.  Literally nothing was coming out of Laura Merciers Translucent Powder SO I switched operations to a butt load of my all time favorite, Makeup Forever's Matte Setting powder in #12.  Using my Beauty Blender Pro I gently patted the powder onto any zone I originally highlighted with cream product AND THEN after a few minutes (baking) I brushed it off with my Sephora Pro Small Teardrop Highlighter.  Baking gives an amazingly photoshopped finish, without the touch ups ;)!  I then finished up completely with a dash of Urban Decay's All Night Spray, this too prolongs makeup wear and refreshens it all day.
*BH Cosmetics 88 Cool Matte Pallet (OLDER VERSION): C7.R2 + C7.R8 +C8.R11
*OCC Loose Pigment, Nori
*Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow/Pigment: Tipsy, Lumi, Mint Soda
*KoKo Lashes, 501  
                            Pleaaaaaassse excuse the weird eye ball angles shown with my step by step pictorial, l for Lillee effort :)? While doing this look it almost reminded me of my Dragonfly Smokey Eye, what make this different is the usage of gradient shimmer eyeliner and brighter tones, in case any of your were wondering! The first step to completing this look is rather "multi stepped" since I consider primer as essential as strong brows.  With that being said (and as explained in the tutorial) using my Morphe G11 brush I firmly lined my top and bottom brow's (connected at the tail end) then I flipped to the other side of the spectrum by LIGHTLY filling them in with upward brush strokes! After doing so I then moved onto the priming base, which in this case is Bobbi Brown's Cream Eyeshadow in Bone.  This stuff holds up better than Milk as a base, honestly speaking-- like literally, it is so creamy yet so sticky which makes it also perfect for glitter adherence.  Since I had a bit of  dipbrow product that slipped out of bounds, using my Urban Decay Vice 3 brush (pointy side) I brushed the cream across the bottom of my brows and on my lids! As you might of guessed, I then proceeded to blending it in.  Excess was applied and smudged under my lower lash line!

                  Thrash has been tempting me for a while, it is such a unique acid green! Since this is a pressed pigment, a dense brush is preferred such as a Mac 239 brush.  This will help pick up THE MOST product without using too much, hopefully that made sense HAHA! Using firm patting motions I gently dragged the green across my lid in a few builded up layers.  Don't be a afraid to go all out with this color, it should be seen not hindered!  The next shade of concern is from R7.C2, it is a light olive with strong bright green notes, the olivy green contrasts amazing with the acid like green shade.  Since this is only the transitional shade I decided to opt in for my super fluffy Sephora #27 Brush! I gently blended in the color using wide side to side motions,  only occasionally was the motion of circles used, I try to avoid them because it concentrates color too much. To deepen things up while keeping the vibrant drama in tact I then chose the color R7.C8, a deep yet lightened forrest green!  Using my Mac 217 brush I eased this color nicely into the inner V of my eye with fluent side to side motions, I prefer to use the tactic of patting the shade on the outer third of my lid first THEN smoothing it inwards following the natural creasing of my eye socket.  Although this shade was added towards the end, the last color added in the crease is R8.C11, it is very much a black! With the same 217 brush I heavily concentrated this into the inner inner V of my eye with very slight blending motions.  Don't be afraid to build up pigment with this, the more the better!

                Now onto the tricky yet quite fun part!  First off, make sure your white eyeliner of choice is completely clean, we want the winged eyeliner marking to be as pure as possible this way it takes mold of the colors already present.  With that being the case, using a cleaned Sephora #20 brush I dipped into the tip of Milk and created a thick cat eyeliner line across my upper lash line- that is a lot of line's, my apologies madame/monsieur.  From that line I then began packing on the pigments starting from the tail end with Nori, from Nori I then packed on Tipsy, from Tipsy the shade Mint Soda, and from Mint Soda the gorgeous duo chrome, Lumi!  Lumi also was taken in the inner corners of my eye for some extra pazazz. Once the upper lash line was set I then quickly wet my Mac Creme Liner and lined my upper+lower waterlines heavily, I made sure to slightly smudge it under my lower lash line for added drama! Speaking of added drama, the forrest green shade makes it's mark again- the color was smudged right under my lower lash as well as smudged into Tipsy.  

                    Begin finishing up the eye makeup with billions of coatings of mascara :,) Mascara is amazing, simply put! One of my all time favorites is the Too Faced Better Than Sex primarily because it really smokes out lashes, the fluffy lashes on my lower lash line added a sense of darkness to the total eye makeup.  The last step is to apply your favorite lashes, I suggest opting in for lashes that will be "airy" this way the eyeliner will peep through!  I opted in for my KoKo 501 lashes with my KoKo lash glue, the two work wonderful together :). I hope you guys enjoyed this change in makeup, lately my makeup looks have been beyond vibrant and dewy, today directions have turned South!  Be sure to watch the video tutorial AND Instagram mini tutorials, it'll make everything much more clear understanding wise.  If you have any makeup requests let me know! I love hearing the different combinations you guys come up with.  Be sure to check the following recent looks: Marvel Infinity Stones, Pastel Lilac Smokey with Pink Wings, Dewy Everyday Faced Coral Makeup!