Thursday, April 28, 2016

Iridescent Barbie Pink Burgundy Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                  Happy Wednesday my loves! While earlier in the day I was feeling the vibe of doing an extravagant purple smokey eye, I decided to go on a different beat and track that entailed burgundy hues clashing with vibrant barbie pink iridescent glitters. This makeup look might remind some of you of my previously done Blossom tutorial, HOWEVER this is MUCH more vibrant and glittery! Since Mother's Day is coming up this really inspired me to do a makeup look that was not "classic", most women tend to go for baby pinks and such, this is suited for the more daring femme fatal out there ;).  During this I actually was able to try out a few sampler products of which include the new Makeup Forever HD foundation and concealer line, both of which I am ordering PRONTO come Friday!  I have never seen my skin look so damn flawless with not a lot of product used, not to mention the fact in person my skin actually looked LIKE SKIN, not some photoshopped goop.  As a side note do be aware this CAN get messy since the glitter I opted in for was pressed, it's best to use your finger for the application process-- despite this, I look at it as i'd rather my fingers be saturated in glitter THAN my face being a glitter bomb, ya feel? Before getting into the full details I would like to clarify my Barbie series is ONLY to promote the usage of girly makeup looks, not anything else like some of you were trying to argue with me about. 

*Stila Watercolor BlushWater Blossom
*ABH Illuminator, Starlight

                            While my first leading paragraphs are about skin care and the priming process I am here to say I violated everything...oops?  Literally, I woke up at 12:00PM and was not havin' in, so splashing cold water or even hot water for that matter was COMPLETELY out of the question.  To compensate for "dirty" skin,  although I hydrating and cleansed extremely good the night before, I took a beaker full of my Fresh Seaberry Oil and blended it across all zones of my face, I concentrated most of the oil on my nose as well as chin because these two areas had a few dry patches!  Primer is always a pain in the butt because it could go two ways- the color correcting way OR the skin concern way, today I happen to go with the skin concern way just for the simple factor I wanted a BREAK from heavy makeup (color correctors tend to make product build up more-so then with regular priming bases, it always makes me giggle when makeup artists say you use less product).  With that being said, using a pea-sized amount of my Dr. Brandts Pores No More Primer I gently sectioned it off in tiny dashes across the high points of my face, I then proceeded to smoothly blending it in starting from the center of my face, out towards my hairline! This priming base dries instantly due to its invisible plumping barrier protecting against pore clogging makeup, thus no wait time was needed after application was added :).  FINALLY I can rave about the Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation!  At first I was skeptical about purchasing this due to the low ratings and horrid reviews.  After being a LONG time MUFE HD foundation user I decided to taytyuke it into my own hands and get the free samplers from Sephora! Weirdly enough they came in my shade FOR ONCE, normally they come 3-4 shades off to cater the public. There was no need for "pea-sized" amounts and such since the pre-filled packs come with the perfect amounts poured in!  Using my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush I gently stippled the foundation around my face using downward stroking motions, I avoided anything stroking upwards because this would cause noticeable breakouts or in some occasions peach fuzz to be more apparent. After just one coating my skin looked clearer AND any dry patches that were visible with other foundations seamlessly matted down, one of my favorite perks to this foundation is the natural dewiness, you don't often find that in foundations! 

                         Contouring was mainly focused on evening out the complexion and adding a tad of bronze warmth to the skin!  On most of my Barbie looks I go all out with the contouring, however with the new products I decided to tone it down and stick to my natural coloring :).  You might be asking yourself, "how do you contour...without the highlight, huh?" Let's keep in mind contouring is using a dark cream to draw shadows to the face and highlighting is using a lighter cream to brighten up features, mimicking the same methods IN contouring you can easily naturally enhance your skin by using a skin tone concealer and warm toned/neutral toned darker concealer or foundation shade to bronze things up!  I opted in for the MUFE Ultra HD Concealer in the shade Y23 along with Cover Fx's Cream foundation in N100, these two blended BEAUTIFULLY together like they were meant to be, ❤️ awh. With that being the case, using my Sephora Concealer Brush I first went into Y23 and dragged it across the bridge of my nose as well as on my under eye area in SMALL inverted triangles.  Any excess product left on the brush was applied to blemishes such as ontop of my forehead and in some areas on my chin! I then switched to N100 and "bronzed" up the sides of my nose, the hollows of my cheeks, under my lip, and on both jaw lines, make sure the product you choose is radiant, it'll later on lead up to less product used, trust me you little glowball. To blend the already pre-set creams in,  I took a CLEANED Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and gently began stippling the products in starting from my jaw line up! I find it best to work in clockwise motions, it creates a more "natural" effect as opposed to straight up stipples. 

                                      Do keep in mind those stippling motions from before, they'll come in handy for the powder contour and bronzing stages :)! Speaaaaaakinnngg of contouring and bronzing stages, oh look, yes they begin now mwahahaha. I allowed for the cream contour to set for a good 3 minutes before moving onto any powder application, the concealer seemed to dry down rather quick so this was no issue at all! With my Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light I took my Mac 168 brush and gently blended it across the tops of my temples, down to the hollows of my cheeks and around to my jaw line, this is better known as the "outer three" of ones face. Try to avoid applying shimmery bronzers to the sides of your nose UNLESS you're going for a widened effect! For a more contoured look I then took the deep bronze shade provided by the Marc Jacobs #instamarc Filtering Powder pallet in Mirage Filter and brushed it across the hollows of my cheeks and under my chin with that same Mac 168 brush, any excess was brushed across the sides of my nose (i squeezed the bristles together for a precise application). The last step up for the cheeks is adding a pop of color, try to stick with pinky violets such as Stila's Watercolor Blush in Water Blossom! I gently patted this across the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline using light tapping motions, this is VERY sheer so it took two layers of build-up for any color to be seen!  Although they do NOT feel Makeup Forever's Uplight anymore I HAD to indulge in using it today since most of the face products were MUFE.  I highly suggest you stick with pink/beige toned illuminators, it'll accent the eye makeup stunningly! Using barley a pump of #22 I gently smudged it across the tops of my cheekbones using my ring and index finger together, the rest of the product was taken across the tops of my eye brows, down the bridge of my nose, and on my cupids bow.  I then switched the a Sephora Fan Brush and brushed across the tops of my cheeks Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Starlight, excess was taken down the bridge of my nose and on my forehead/chin!  A quick trick to make your glow REALLY pop if you don't have Mac's Fix + is to use eye drops, sounds bizarre but it works.

                   I have been absolutely DIEING to try out ABH's Petal, it's supposedly a milky red which is such an alluring and unique caption for ANY lipstick/gloss junkie, I just had to have it! As many of you cuties know I did a review specific to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lipgloss's, I think very highly of them ;). SOOO with one coating of Petal and another of Melted Peony by Too Faced you receive a sexy vibrant pink pout, fair enough eh? Uhhh another product Makeup Forever let go...so sad, their Matte Setting Powder in #12 which is a translucent skin tone shade.  Hopefully better products come down the line they have yet to add a replacement product to this powder!  This powder was dusted under my eyes, on my forehead, from my left jaw line to right jaw line, and above my lips using a cleaned Sephora Pro Small Teardrop Highlighter Brush! I finished up then entire look with a few spritzes of Urban Decay's All Nigher Spray, I made sure to touch every angle of my face to ensure a refreshened and long lasting finish :). Be sure to check out my other two Barbie looks while you're at it by clicking the tab "Barbie Inspired Series" under my blog title! 
*Bh Cosmetics 88 Cool Matte Pallet: C7.R1 (crease), C2.R3 (lid), C7.R6 (inner V), C1.R2 (brow bone)
*Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Pallet, Sprinkles (tear duct), Totally Fetch (crease), Cotton Candy (lid, tear duct)
*Glitter Injections, Babrie
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                       Alright cuties begin off the eye makeup with some fabulous brows! Today there shall be no weird blue accents, just whatever YOU fancy in brow shape.  I personally am quite fond of my soft dramatic arches so I did my typical one inch over line from my top and bottom brows using my Morphe G11 brush and Dipbrow Pomade in Caramel. After I had a decent shape formed I then gradually filled in each brow with upward flicking motions to mimic actual brow hairs! I know some people prefer setting their brows with a clear gel or even high pigment powder, I just personally find the Dipbrow to be good enough :). For a priming base I went with my Mac Long Wear Paint Pot in Bare Study, this tends to pick up pigment well as it forms a smooth canvas for the following shades to come! As you might of assumed already, I smudged and blended the sheer opal color across my lids blending up towards my brows, excess was taken on my lower lash line. 

                                Make sure you have a good selection of MATTE pink shades handy, though they might seem useless in the beginning they really help to "mold" the defining colors towards the END of the eye makeup look! With that being said the first color added to my lid was a light rose pink, specifically shade C2.R3 from the Bh Cosmetics 88 Cool Matte Pallet.  I smudged and patted the shade across my lids using a clean Mac 239 brush, try to stick with dense brushes because due to the nature of cheaper shadows you could be there all day packing up pigment, the denser brushes make it a straight shot through! The next color added is C7.R1, a matte true rose shade.  Using a fluffy Sephora #27 Brush I gently eased the shade into my crease using side to side motions, its best to start from the outer third of your lid this way the color will form drama!  Make sure you REALLY blend this in, transitional shades should be faint not BAM, COLOR! To begin adding some "bam" to the eye makeup switch to C7.R6 which is a deeper rose hue, in the midst of this I also switched to a denser blending brush specifically the Mac 217 brush. This shade was firmly blended into the inner V of my eye following the natural curving of my eye socket! Totally Fetch from the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Pallet is QUITE similar to C7.R6, just a tad darker, so I also took the liberty of blending this into the inner V of my eye, detailing is everything with the eye makeup presented here :). Start finishing up the crease by adding the shade "Leader" provided by the Tartlette in Bloom Pallet into the inner v of your eye, I find it best to work in small side to side blending motions to get the pigment on the lid.  To prevent a panda eye effect from occurring switch back to that fluffy blending brush, in my case the Sephora #27 Brush, and brush it through the entire crease to soften things up! To have a super gradient effect going on I lastly went into C1.R2 and brushed it across the tops of my brow bone's down to just where the transitional shade began.

                   Once the crease work is done the rest will be an absolute breeze, make sure your hands are cleeeannn!  Using my ring finger I went into the shade Cotton Candy and smudged it across the inner third of my lid going down to the tear duct of my eye, it sorta flows in a triangle formation.  I then switched to the color Sprinkles and patted it right on top of Cotton Candy, I really stressed the color in my tear duct because the iridescent effect from the glitter to come will take away from a lot of the other shades present, this must be on par with the sheen from the multi-dissensional glitter! Speaking of glitter, I took my Glitter Injections Pressed Glitter Pan in Barbie and with my index finger smudged it across my lower lash line TWICE, I then patted in downward motions the pinked glitter across the inner-mid third's of my lid. Start finishing up the look with heavy cat wings and a super dark water line!  Glitter tends to be a PAIN in the booty for eyeliner application which is why most women like to apply glitter after EVVVVERYTHING is done, keep in mind this method also takes away from the depth of each color added "after" shadow.  To achieve bold black lines I used my FAVORITE Mac Creme Eyeliner and glided it right on, this is water activated so be careful on the amount you use, too much will form a milky texture, too little will form chalk! Another major emphasis is the lashes, especially the lower lash line. If you look closely I REALLY smudged the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara heavily across my lash line, this makes up for not using eyeshadow for dimension! I completed the eye makeup with an application of my FAV lashes up to date, KoKo Lashes in Goddess :).  These are super amazing and fit the "Barbie" dilemma perfectly!