Friday, April 22, 2016

Exotic Vibrant Peacock Inspired Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                          Happy Thursday beauties :)! Normally most of my looks start off with a certain focus at hand-- wether it be to glow or to have smoked out eyeshadow, there is an ultimate vision in mind. This makeup look however took a downturn elsewhere, literally.  Originally I wanted to do a "sunshine" inspired tutorial (keep in mind this was done exactly on my birthday) but once I saw this stunning alluring blue shade from the Bh Cosmetics 88 Cool Matte Pallet, older version that is, I was sold! Keep in mind when working with primary's your whole look will change, blue is a very overpowering color so this makeup look will require some expertise in the blending department as well as a clear mindset, a ton of vibrant hues/shades are manipulated.  You might be wondering why I do so many peacock inspired looks, simply put, I am in love with the animal!  There are infinite amounts of combinations to be done, in fact there even is a WHITE peacock (proceed to googling so we can form a grand heist of peacocks) which I will be tackling soon in the eyeshadow department. What separates the eye makeup presented here from my other peacock looks (teal glittery peacock, smokey peacock) is more diverse color spectrum is used and it leans on the softer side as not such intensive colors were used such as pure black in the crease! I TRULY hope you lovies enjoy, a few of you have been asking me all week about my profile picture change on Instagram, mostly for the products used, just look down below for the clickable links, AND BE SURE to read the description below of how each product was used so you too can recreate this exotic makeup look ;). 

*Tarte Water Foundation SPF 15, Fair Light Neutral 
*Makeup Forever Pro>Bronze Fusion, 10M Natural Matte Honey
*Nars Liquid Illuminator, Copacabana 
*ABH Liquid Lipstick: Pure Hollywood + Dose Of Colors Liquid Lipstick, Bare With Me + Buxom Samantha Gloss
*Makeup Forever Matte Setting Powder, #12

                      Today was a full out grooming day, and when I say grooming I mean bring out the Vaseline and shavers, MWAHA! This actually seems to be an upcoming trend amongst us beauty bloggers, with other products that is- it helps the makeup apply better for reference. With that being said I first lathered up the Vaseline to ALL zones of my face using my clean bare hands, when "all zones" are spoke of that is including the outer rim of my face, avoiding any ACTUAL hair getting in the mix! If you hate the mess you could invest in some facial brushes (my friends took the leisure of googling the matter because they HATED getting product under their nails) I just personally hate the process of "one more" extravagant to go through, if you catch my drift :).  After around 4 minutes of the Vaseline sinking into my skin NOT pores (this remains on top of the skin layer, its a jelly) I then proceeded to shaving any "notable" areas with peach fuzz! I like to work in firm streaks just to ensure every hair is plucked upwards WITHOUT a cut in sight.  Once this process was fully completed I threw out the shaver and proceeded to washing my skin off under hot steaming water- using a towel helps tremendously with this since the jelly could be a toughie to fully remove from one's skin!  The last skin care action I took was simply smoothing on one beaker full of Fresh's Seaberry Oil to my face and allowing it to set for a good 5 minutes.  By this point my skin was SUPER smooth so I took the angle of pulling back on the amount of product used, while still using it just to ensure my skin would remain unclogged and radiant!  Speaking of radiance, I moved forth in applying Natasha Denona's Face Glow Hydrating Primer to my skin with tiny dashes across the tops of my high points- this comes in a jar so you can really gauge the amount of product you'd prefer.  As you might of guessed I then systematically blended in the primer followed by a foundation application right after; I went for my Tarte Water Foundation, only a pump, or beaker full in this case, was needed. I spread the silky formula onto my skin starting from the center blending out towards my hairline using my beloved Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush. I personally just moved onto the next step when it came to the decision of allowing my foundation to set or not, being a thick creamy formula was used multiple times in this tutorial, I am here to verify don't stress the fact of un-dried down foundation :).

                   Next up is the cream contouring, a strong emphasis in this makeup look primarily because perfected flawless glowy skin is a must, with dramatic eye makeup you really want the focus there, having so much as a huge red pimple peeping through will clash with the extremely colorful eyeshadow to be used in a few minutes! With that being the case let's get into it.  First off using my Sephora #20 brush I took the shade N0 by Cover Fx and began highlighting zones of my face I wanted to make brighter and in some instances clearer! These zones happen to be under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on the tops of my lips, on my forehead, and from my left jaw line to chin and back around to the opposite of the left jaw line- when it comes to contouring make sure your lines are big and extended, UNLESS you do not want a lengthening/widening effect (stretched lines, for instance under the eye in inverted triangles, will widen the features as well-- you can easily play up on this by shortening the lines).  Next up is the cream contour, I went for the shade N100 by Cover Fx to stay consistent in formulas.  The shade was applied in straight lines on the hollows of my cheeks, under my lip, on the sides of my nose, and on my jaw line, this does the opposite of highlighting and actually makes features more prominent, or the more popular term nowadays "chiseled" ;)! To blend these super creamy foundations in I took my handy dandy Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and went right to town with stippling motions.  As explained in my previous tutorial it's best to work in clockwise circular/stippling motions, it makes the process go by QUICK and it is most efficient when it comes to a clean cut natural finish! 

                       Probably one of the worst habits I have is transferring my wet cream foundation product onto a clean brush then into a freshly cleaned powder pan, yeah new formulas made everyday in Lillee world HAHA!  Right after my cream contour was fully blended in I switched to a Mac 168 brush and went into my Makeup Forever bronzer in 10M, this gives off a lovely finish as it is SUPER natural compared to most bronzers.  I blended the matte honey color from the temples of my face down to the hollowing of my cheeks and around to my jaw line, since I had extra product left I lightly dusted it across the sides of my nose as well! Following the same pattern blending wise I then took Sombre from the Kat Von D Shade & Light Pallet in the hollowing of my cheeks, under my jaw line and specifically on the sides of my nose.  To emphasize the contour a bit more I then took my finger and smudged it into the shade Lyric then applied it directly beside the nose contour, this fixed any "crooked" lines! I honestly have not used Sephora's Blush Me since my last haul in March, it is quite similar to my favorite Stila Poppy blush so I never really bothered to grab for the formula.  Today however I had a change of heart and decided to go for All Smiles- to prevent the previous laid down makeup from getting ruined I took my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and directly stippled it onto the blush, I then proceeded to stippling the product from the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline with fluent strokes! The last and finishing step I had done before moving along to the eye makeup, then eventually back to the face, was the process of illuminating.  This went by uber quick since the focus is mainly on HOW you use your hands and one brush!  With exactly one pea-sized amount of Nars's Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana I gently patted it onto the high points of my face using my ring+index finger put together.  The high points if you're unaware happen to be the cheekbones, bridge of ones nose, chin/forehead center, and the cupids bow! I then switched to a Tarte Swirl Powder Bronzer and Contour brush for the application of Natasha Denona's All Over Glow Face & Body Shimmer Powder in 01 Light, this was taken literally on every area the liquid illuminator by Nars originally melted into.  I applied exactly three layers of this product to ensure a healthy glow was achieved in a non cake like manner!

             Once the eye makeup is completed move to the step of plumping up your lips, or in some cases for those who prefer to do the eye makeup first, move to the step of prepping your skin!  The lips are my absolute FAVORITE lip combination ever, it's a mixture of ABH's Pure Hollywood lipstick with Dose of Colors Bare With Me- the beige to peach tones really create a perfect milky pink.  To enhance the plumped up effect I topped it off with my favorite tingly gloss which is Samantha by Buxom! I then began finishing up my face with a dusting of Makeup Forever's Matte Setting Powder using my Sephora #74 brush, they sadly DO NOT sell this at Sephora anymore...of course one of my favorite Summer powders :(. Anyhoo, I then spritz on Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray to every angle of my face.  Not only does this process refresh the makeup previously applied it yields a less powdery appearance (more skin like) AND pro-longs makeup!
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, Caramel
*Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil, Yogurt
*BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes 28 Eyeshadow Pallet: C5.R3 (lid), C1.R4 (inner corners), C3.R1 (lower lash)
*Bh Cosmetics 88 Cool Matte Pallet: C2.R8 (crease), C2.R2 (lid and crease), C6.R6 (inner V), C1.R1 (brow bone), C8.R2 (inner V)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan, Lemon Drop (lid)
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                   Freakiest eye makeup ever, literally from sunshine to peacocks, huh? A strong emphasis on brows is needed here, that means groomed and sleek, no stray hairs as it'll simply DISTRACT away from the gorgeous colors presented in the following images above.  With that being said, first things first I took out my ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Caramel along with my favorite versatile brow brush a Morphe G11 brush! Just as always I began by lining my top/bottom brow then gradually filled each in with light brush strokes, if you wish to set your brows with a clear gel, be my guest love. After doing so move onto the priming stage, for today I opted in for Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt! I simply glided it right onto my lid and blended up towards my brow bone using a cleaned ring finger, excess product was dragged under my lower lash line :). 

               Each color used is like melody in connection to each other through cool undertones, you must NOT be intimidated by these clashing hues otherwise it'll skewer your mindset, the goal here is flawless blended in all honesty!  Now that I've prepared you constantly throughout this whole blog post, lets get to some shadow application :).  Using a fluffy Sephora #27 Brush I first went into the shade C2.R2, which happens to be a sunny mustard like yellow!  I gently began patting this across my lid area then seamlessly brought it up into my crease with fluent side to side blending motions! Be sure to build up pigment with this color using layers, the lid hue will really not show, the crease will however.  Next up is to intensify the yellow using Makeup Geek's Lemon Drop, with a Mac 239 brush I firmly patted on the shimmery yellow with a beat of pat and pick up more pigment, you must make sure this is VERY visible! Begin to add some depth to the crease using shade C2.R8, this is slightly deeper and more orange in tone than C2.R2, I simply dusted it right into the inner V of my eye using the same Sephora #27 Brush to ensure the color was VERY diffused.  I then began toying around with primary colors with C6.R6, this is an extremely insensitive azure blue that should be blended with a light hand this way it blends out to a slate sort of color!  To get that appearance I took my Mac 217 brush and gently eased it into the inner inner V of my eye following the natural creasing of my eye socket, if you have the urge to build up pigment PLEASE work in light layers :). The last shade to be added into the crease shall be C8.R2, this is a very vibrant purple however it will help to even out the hues as it'll flow well with the lower lash line shades! I smudged this into the outer third of my lid following up into my crease with the #27 brush, I then proceeded to lightly dusting away harsh lines with side to side blending motions. 

                       By this point the yellow might seem to of faded quite a bit, that is no issue because I went forth in amping up the color with C5.R3 provided by the Bh Cosmetics FOIL Eyes 28 Eyeshadow Pallet.  I simply smudged my index finger into the bright shimmery yellow and smudged it across the inner third of my eyelid, this defiantly helped to brighten things up! Since I had the pallet handy I smudged C1.R4 on the inner corners of my eyes using a Mac 219 Pencil brush then went along to smudging C3.R1 on the outer third of my lower lash line, the gradience should go from a deep yet bright purple to light lilac! To seal the deal switch to a Mac 224 and brush across the brow bone C1.R1, a pale shimmery white shade.  This will really make your eyes "pop" and will help to blend the crease out a tad more if done correctly! Once shadow was out of the question I then moved along to lining my upper lash line + water line using Mac's Creme Eyeliner in black.  This is honestly THE BEST eyeliner I have ever used primarily because it is super matte and black, I'm not quite fond of glossy eyeliners!  Be sure to heavily smudge the shade under your lower lash line as well, this will form a smoldering gradience which is SUPER sexy.  Finish off with a few coatings of your favorite mascara, in my case the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara AND your favorite falsies, KoKo Goddess lashes for meeeeee. Many of you have been going gaga over these, understandably so, go click the link for where I bought them! I hope you lovies enjoyed this makeup look, can't wait to see you next time (Sunday), its going to be an onslaught of tutorials.