Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Everyday Simple Coppery Glam Makeup Tutorial


                 While dramatic looks are fun and all, sometime's it is a nice change to be breezy and simply glowy!  Today I have in store a SUPER simple makeup look that requires three brushes and only a few select products.  I really wanted to do this to show everyone you DO NOT need tons of products to be beautiful, nor do you need expensive makeup to do so! Yes, half the products I opted in for were quite pricy however everything is interchangeable.  Despite this being easy you must have at least an intermediate skill level, cream contouring IS used to help cover up any blemishes as well as form some definition around my face.  Obviously speaking you could switch things in and out! For example, this could be TOTALLY glam with the simple addition of an amped up crease and false lashes- or it could be more minimalistic with no cream contouring and less illuminizer.  I tried to make the makeup perfect for warm weather as well, some products used such as my foundation are SPF approved, others are water-resistant! For those of you wondering about my Buttercupcake makeup look do be noted it is in the midst of being exported, it flunked the first time through due to the wrong settings.  ALSO since my birthday in in 5 days as of today there will be a "Birthday Special" done specifically for my birthday look, obviously it'll be hella fabulous! 

*Dior Lipgloss in 863  +  Milani Color Statement Lipstick, Blushing Bride

                       Everyday looks can be one of the hardest to conquer for the simple fact most of us beauties overthink it!  Lets face it, without perfect skin, its a true pain in the butt to rock minimal makeup, which is why I did this look in a way you WOULD NOT have to give up your glam face, you'd just have to interchange the eyes for something light and airy. Do keep in mind I used a very little amount of each facial product applied as well, I was itching to add more to cover up a few things but I figured WE ARE ALL HUMAN! Anyhoo, the first thing I had done prior to makeup application is apply a light layer of Origins Rose Clay Mask all over my face, this mask is a total life saver whenever I have dry or over oily skin. After give or taken 20 minutes of the facial mask on I then proceeded to washing it off with warm water (the exfoliation beads riddled into the product help to really deep clean the skin).  After doing so I then applied a beaker full of my Fresh Seaberry Oil all over my face, including up towards my hairline and under my chin just to ensure my face was completely prepped for priming as well as clean! Speaaaaaaaking of primer, today I once more opted in for my Dr Brandt Pores No More Primer.  This baby seems to be reacting really well with my dry skin, which is amazing because most silky textures create serious problems for me! As you might of suspected, I took only a pea-sized amount of the primer and section it off to all zones of my face, this requires NO drying time.  As for foundation I went along with Guerlain's Lingerie De Peau! This contains SPF and also has very silky light coverage, which is generally what one would prefer in a minimalistic glam everyday look. With exactly one pump onto the back of my hand (the pump gives a nice quarter sized amount) and my beloved Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush, I gently stippled the product across all zones of my face with fluent patting and occasional buffing motions!

              Using my Sephora Concealer Brush and my Marc Jacobs Re(MARC)able Concealer in 1 Awake, I moreover highlighted the brightening zones of my face which include my under eye area, forehead, and jawline-chin-jawline area. This concealer is VERY lightweight and natural in terms of matching my skin tone so it doesn't cross the line of "heavy" or un-natural! I added a little contour for the hollows of my cheeks, jaw line and sides of my nose using the shade N100 by Cover Fx, though a bit thicker than the MJ concealer it blends out bronzy WHICH is more natural. To blend the creams in I took my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and gently stippled in the products starting from my jawline up, I prefer working from the bottom up rather the center out, I just focus on two blending motions; buffing and stipples. 

                   Adding a little bronzer and cheek color is not exactly optional, copper eyeshadow is a strong hue to handle thus it needs a glam or if you didn't opt in for contouring, moderately bronzy/glam face to even the clash out! This step took all of 3 minutes, one two three done, you just must be aware of the "3" of your face which happens to include the temples, hollows of cheeks and jawline.  With this being said, using Mac's Mineralized Skin Finish in Cheeky Bronze and the previously used Elf Ultimate Blending Brush (I use this a lot during the tutorial, its very simple to use) I followed the natural 3 of my face, to just add a bronzy glow, and then went into my Marc Jacobs #instamarc Filtering Contour Powder in Mirage Filter and with the darker bronze shade contoured the hollowing of my cheeks as well as sides of my nose! Keep in mind shimmer products is something you should be weary of, to put it straight if you want to yield a smaller nose DO NOT apply shimmer, or in this case a glowy bronzer, it'll widen the nose shape. For blush I went with Nyx's Glow for the simple reason it is a beautiful "just pinched" color, works for all skin colors!  With a cleaned Elf Ultimate Blending Brush I stippled the product from the apples of my cheeks up to my hair line in one fluent motion. 

                    A strong glow is very important with this look, you must make it dewy not disco esc. To make it dewy, in a simple way, I took Benefits High Beam and dashes it across the high points of my face from the applicator brush.  The high points include the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, my cupids bow, and the center of my chin/forehead!  To blend the products in I took my Tarte Swirl Powder Bronzer and Contour brush and gently brushed it against the pre-placed illuminating product, stippling and light upward stroking motions at best. To set this I then took shade 2 from the Bh Cosmetics Wild & Radiant Pallet and brushed it up against the same areas the liquid originally touched, it made for an uber dewy effect ;).  After allllll of this occurred I then saturated my skin in Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Powder, I got sort of annoyed so I actually ended up titled my head back and shaking the powder onto my face, worked out well sort of artistic HAHA! Obviously so, after the eye makeup was done I then applied Milani's Blushing Bride with Diors gloss 863 to my lips for a pretty hot pink shine.  In the midst of this all, I dusted off the excess baking powder with a Sephora Pro Small Teardrop Highlighter, I also sprayed on Urban Decay's All Night Spray to ensure my full face of makeup would last hours while remaining fresh, and that it did!
                 Eyebrows, eyebrows, eyebrows- pain in the butt's to figure out but once they're pasted on, quite awarding. Make sure you have defined brows with this makeup look, it'll help to really shape the face in a way thin gummy worm brows would not! I personally prefer using my Morphe G11 brush to define my brows with my ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Caramel, this is the thickest my brows have ever been and I shall explain why-- the thick brows compensate for less eye makeup, drama is not lost. Absolutely NO primer was used for the eye makeup, during the foundation/contour process my burns touched my lids which suffices for a good enough base! Besides the fact we want this to be washes of color NOT intense pigment, sort of a new thing for me :). 

                     First things first, make sure you have ONE super fluffy blending brush such as the Sephora #27 Brush! Why you might ask? Well the first step involves brushing across the lids up to the crease the fifth shade present in the BH Cosmetics Wild & Radiant pallet.  This coppery delight is very bendable, so make sure when you REALLY work it in with side to side motions, act as if this is a transitional shade gone rouge ;). The next shade up is the third, I gently blended this on the center of my lid followed by the second, these two should be smudged promptly to maintain a beautiful gradience in color!  The next step done was me blending shade two onto the inner corners of my eyes and under my brow bone, not only did this brighten up my eyes tremendously it tended to my shimmer itch I have been wanting to tame for a week.  To finish up I then smudged color 4 under my lower lash line using Mac 217 brush, and as you might of guessed I also coated my lashes in Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara numerous times to really get a fluffy appearance!  That's it my lovies, I hope you enjoyed this makeup look that is SUPER simple compared to my other dramatic looks.  BY THE WAY here is a kitty updateeeee, Mystique, or Silky was in the mood to model!