Sunday, February 28, 2016

Spring Bronze Copper Goddess Makeup Tutorial Ft. BH Cosmetics


                     There has been a ton going on for me these past few weeks, so what can I say I splurged a little on cosmetics, oops. A huge Bh Cosmetics purchase at my front step in the A.M. def sheds light! Normally I steer clear of double or triple posting (a haul swatch post soon WITH a haul video next week), but I am super eager to share this with you guy's being I MOSTLY (some high end products were substituted) only used BH Cosmetics with this makeup look plus the fact it's a good edition to my bronze/copper series. Before getting into details be sure to check out my Light Golden Bronze Makeup Look, Copper Bronze Smokes, and Everyday Makeup Routine: January!  The links posted are all part of that "coppery bronze" spectrum of things and work well for everyday wear :).  This is currently my go-to makeup look, since Spring is on the rise some key factors are brighter copper's and more dewy skin...and also some glitter hehe! This look took me under 30 minutes, be sure to plan your time AND also be practical some things you don't need for everyday usage such as red glitter underneath your eyes, it might cause irritations and I personally DO NOT recommend constant usage as much as I lovvvve glitter. Throughout this I will also be listing alternatives (bh style)! 

*Nars Liquid Illuminator, Copacabana 

                             I had absolutely no idea how I'd like the Bh Cosmetics foundation so I decided to set up a precaution with ONLY applying a light layer of my Fresh Seaberry Oil.  As being someone with seasonally dry skin the worst thing that could happen is foundation clinging to patches, especially with the foundation ONLY being $4.00, cheaper than most drugstore foundation(s) ton's can go wrong! I actually hadn't planned on using the foundation for myself but I figured if I'm going to use it on a client I wanna make sure it's freaking amazing first.  You guy's have no idea how difficult it is to speak about a product you're going to review in an hour, argghhhh!!  ANYWAYS, I allowed my facial oil to set in TWO light layers, yes two, for a good 20 minutes before moving into my uber hydrating primer.

                          Dah-Nah Nah Nahhh, the uber hydrating primer is the infamous Natasha Denona Face Glow!  I am actually really surprised more people don't use this, it has long term effects that have really benefitted my skin, in fact on my previous blog post I gave a mini essay on how fabulous the product is all season around.  You MUST know your products inside and out!  For example, if the foundation you buy has a matte finish perhaps a matte primer is not your best bet.  In my scenario the foundation is moreover a natural coverage/finish making choosing a primer simple, but not simple in the aspect ratio some natural finishes dry me out!  I'm like the energizer testee' bunny, I try out shit for you guy's and reap the discriminates WOO HOO.  Basically I took the primer across all zones of my face with smooth blending out motions starting from the center moving out towards my hairline!  I wasn't sure on wear time (has some negative reviews on that), so I made sure to have as even of a priming base as possible this way product wore off (hopefully not) evenly.  I let the primer set for 5 minutes just to make sure everything evenly soaked in my pores :)!

                                        If you have SUPER light skin, this foundation line will not be for you, straight off the bat the shades go from my skin tone (Light Olive leans more pink honestly, so its not a perfect match for me) to a deep gorgeous ebony color.  I took only one pump on the back of my hand (best to start small and work up) and started to work up a stippling storm on my right cheek using my beloved Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush!  Do be noted this foundation is a tad hard to blend with being it is complete liquid and doesn't quite melt into the pores, with this I really had to focus on stippling motions to prevent a cake like appearance.  Generally with any foundation you use stippling and slight buffing motions are the way to go, find your beat and stick with it!  I actually had some dry patches visible after application so I went over everything once more with another layer and that seemed to combat the dryness, you guys should try out the MJ Face II brush by the way, it handles product's with water like bases very well. 

              Guess who contour teased alllllll of you yesterday evening? Muuuuahhhh. You all thought this contour went along with my Springy Orange makeup, SIKE!  I didn't want to spend an extra 10 dollars on their cream contour kit so I indulged in my own contour creams, I don't think you guy's mind too much :).  First off, I took my N0 and highlight my under eye area with extended inverted triangles, the bridge of my nose extending up towards my forehead, and from my left jaw to my right jaw all using my Sephora #20 brush.  The placement of my contour was slightly different today as you might of noticed based on the photo pictured to the right.  Not only did I take N100 on the sides of my nose and on the hollows of my cheeks, I also dashed singular lines on my temples to add to the "bronzed" out look! Once I had my placement set I then promptly blended the creams in using my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush. Surprisingly there was ZERO issue's blending, which I thought there might of been due to the watery texture!  I just stuck to light buffing motions and stippling motions on areas needing more coverage.  The very fact I used a heavy cream contour helped correct the original foundation shade to more golden tones, which is a bonus!  As an alternative to the cream's I used you guys should try out their Studio Cream Contour Makeup Pallet, tell me how it is ;).

                             I have not used my Elf Bronzing Powder in FOREVER, It's been about 5 months! I only touched it once for my Drugstore Back To School Tutorial, and it went rather well being I used it as an eyeshadow too.  Moreover using my Mac 168 I gently brushed the product across my temples around to the hollows of my cheeks and down to my jaw line with swift blending motions in a "3" shape!  Remembering the "3" is very important as it will be a fundamental movement in contouring and blush usage.  Once I had the bronze shade blended into my skin I had an urge to deepen up my contour a tinnnnnnnny bit, so I went into Mirage Filter and with the deep bronze contoured my cheekbones, the sides of my nose and under my chin with the same 168!  Once more, the BH alternative would be their Powder Contour & Blush Pallet, I actually REALLY wanted to buy this but yanno, budgets LOL. 

                                   Why the hell anyone would want a SUPER sparkly brush is beyond me, but hey I like shimmer so I bought the Bombshell Blush! I brushed the blush onto the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline using my Sephora #74 Blush Contour Brush.  This method of application gives a more "uplifted" look plus it'll keep your blended lines clean cut!  Keep in mind this look is for Spring, try to choose bright blushes that lean more pink/coral in tone.  I totally forgot I had the Floral Blush Duo so I took my finger and gently blended on the deep pink shade to the apples of my cheeks, it gave a "brightened" appearance and made the look much prettier :)!  Since I already have mentioned the Floral Blush Duo, to highlight my skin (very important) I basically took a dollop of Nars's illuminator onto the back of my hand and with my middle + ringer fine together I gently patted the product onto my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose.  Switching to my favorite Sephora Teardrop Highlighting Brush, I then dragged the light lilac pink shade across all high points of my face (cheekbones, nose, forehead, chin, cupid's bow)! Another last minute thing was taking the Wild & Radiant Pallet and brushing the second shade across ONLY the area near my eyes, dunno why I had done this I just really liked the shade ahah (putting it near the eyes creates depth to the glow).

                               After the eyes were completed (literal breeze to do) I first applied Princess liquid lipstick with one light layer and then layered on Muse with two coatings!  This duo gave me the perfect medium pink hue, I was actually quite impressed with the wear time of these. Especially with the heat picking up in the Springtime its important to have a good translucent powder handy! Using Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Setting Powder and a Sephora Teardrop Highlighting Brush, I brushed the product across my t-zone and under my eye area.  I then went along to fully ensuring my makeup stayed fresh all day with Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray
*BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes 28 Eyeshadow Pallet: C6.R1 + R2, R4 + C7.R4
*Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil, Smog + Demolition 
                              For some reason this look reminds me a tad of my Glam Rustic Smokey Eye, literally if the lids were kept a matte taupe it's the same look just this adheres for everyday wearers.  One of the first things I had done, and one of the first steps anyone should have in their makeup routine after powder (unless you do eyes first) is grooming and filling in your eyebrows!  Eyebrows truly do shape the face, take your time with this the eyeshadow is an absolute breeze. I like to go in with my Anastasia Beverly Hills #12 brush and spoolie through each brow to make sure each hair is going in the same direction.  PLEASE excuse me for not having a step-by-step photo, I was sooooo eager to try these products out and share with you guy's a look + my findings!  At any rate, getting back to spoolies, once I had spoolied through I then went into my Dipbrow Pomade and lined the upper+lower brow with firm motions.  I made sure that the two lines connected at the tail end of my brow and at that point I then proceeded to lightly filling in the sparse area's with upward strokes!  To finish things off I gave my brows one last spoolieing, this disburses the product and leaves a less "harsh" effect.  I couldn't find a brow shade close to my natural hair color so I left the brow products alone from BH, however the alternative to ABH would be their Studio Pro Ultimate Brow Pallet

                          The primer you choose REALLY does not matter, I just had my Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil handy from my previous tutorial so I decided to use it!  I simply smudged the creamy eyeliner across both my lids and then blended upwards towards my brow bone using my ring finger. Make sure you also apply some of the liner to your lower lash line, this will help the glitter stick better (I didn't feel like using a glitter glue, it's a pain in the butt to remove)! Now, I HATE giving you loves the format "C___, R___" but the shadows are un-named hopefully you can follow along :).  I was not quite sure how the pigment would be of these since although they swatch beautifully it might not be the same on my lids (oils mess with shadow's sometimes, sort of like Colourpop shadows)! With that being said, using my dense Mac 239 brush I gently yet firmly began to pat C6.R2 to my entire lid area.  This really did not require much pigment build up so I only applied TWO layers of the shadow.  Since I was in the same column area I then took C6.R1 and popped it right into the inner corners of my eyes using the side of the flat shader brush!

                       Switching to a blending brush now, preferably dense to pick up the shimmer particles fully, I went into C6.R4 EAGERLY like literally this is my favorite shade out of the whole freaking pallet! Using my Mac 217 brush I gently blended the warm reddish copper into my crease using side to side sweeping motions.  I really wanted an intense impact so I actually went back into the color and built up on it once more!  To soften the crease up a tad for a faded look (blends into a light peach shade) I took my Mac 224 and swiftly softened the crease up, I avoided hitting near the lid area just because this is where C6.R4 should be most intense.  To add some drama to the crease I went into C7.R4 and went CRAZY on adding pigment!  Being this shade was softly blended into the inner v I made sure to make the rustic brown as deep as possible, to do so I simply continued to work in light layers and made sure to only stick to ONE concentrated area (the inner V, just follow the creasing of your eye socket). 

                            Here is the optional step I have been referring to quite a bit throughout this blog post tutorial- glitter. Rather adding the glitter you could outright take C6.R4 and blend it below your lower lash line using a small shader brush like Mac 219, this would be more convenient in the morning hour's and will once more take away the irritation of glitter particles! IF you want to be daring simply take the red glitter (put some into the cap) and pat the product onto your lower lash line with SUPER firm motions.  There is little to no fall out with this, however during the day there will be so if you're wearing this for a special occasion lasting more than 1 hours use a glitter bonding glue base like the Too Faced GBG! A super important part of this look is the liner you choose, if it's a dark shade that is NON metallic a more dramatic look will be yielded.  On the other hand, if you go along with what I did using a light bronze it'll form a gorgeous contrast and form a more "Spring" time appearance!  Smog is one of my FAV liner's by Urban Decay so I went to smudge town with this one on my upper lash line and on my waterline.  Do be aware this will not last very long in the waterline SO you can easily pat a shadow on top with a corresponding hue such as C6.R2! For added drama I tightlipped my upper lash line with Demolition, this just made my lashes look 10 times fluffier and thicker.  Speaking of lashes, I went into my favorite Lancome Hypnose Doll Lash Mascara and gave myself a hefty amount of coatings on both my upper and lower lashes!  This is NOT waterproof so on a normal going out day I'd top it off with ABH's Water-poofer Mascara (really works guys, invest in this).  

                        I AM REAAAAALLY hopefully you guy's will enjoy these series addition's I have come out with, a bronze/copper look is a staple in ANY woman's makeup regime and it should change with the seasons just like your clothes do.  For example, my Fall Copper Bronze Goddess leaned very warm in tones an I was super glowy.  On the flip side of things my Spring Time Copper Bronze Goddess look (this one haha) leaned very warm-pink in tones with a brightened effect! Find what works for you, only use my work as an example :). BTW I am working on my hair tutorial I mentioned to you guy's a week back, fear not it's soon to come, I just have to go forth in finding the final clip!