Monday, February 15, 2016

Earthy Bronzed Taurus Shimmer Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                         Welcome back lovelies :)! Before getting into detail about this ethereal outdoorsy look, it's imperative you guys know HOW I decide on which requested/scheduled tutorial to do for that time being.  For example, on the request side of town I still need to do my Ocean Blue Smokey Eye as well as the new  scheduled request of a drugstore/high end tutorial.  I order by importance,  how bad people want it, and how long it's been sitting around!  If any of you recall I had done a drugstore tutorial way back in August, and it came out absolutely atrocious.  August is a farther set date than December, when I did the blue smokey eye!  Just know I hear you guy's, don't worry your pretty little heads!!  Picking up from ethereal outdoorsy vibes- I tried to mimic the spectrum of Taurus as they're very lively and calm people but have a hidden sense of pizzazz (hence the lime green-blue combo).  This is actually a wearable makeup look sans the green, however don't be scared of color!  Be sure to check out the right side bar on my page for a snippet of the video, which had been posted too Instagram.  Ooo I'm apologizing in advance- the video stopped recording during the eye makeup so I removed my falsies and basically restarted by placing more product on too show you guys what was done!

*Cover Fx Cream Concealer, N Extra Light 
* Too Faced Le Grand Palais: Sun Bunny Bronzer + Flush Illuminizer 
*Nars Multiple, Portofino
*Nars Liquid Illuminator, Copacabana 

                              Oh my goodness, the face cleansing stage. NO BUENO MAN.  Literally, I was going about my day by plucking my brows with a light coating of my Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Peeling Gel setting on my skin, and I decided to shave a few stray hairs!  Let's just say a few stray hairs resulted in a huge patch of skin on chin being peeled off, grotesque and looks like a huge pimple.  If you happen to watch the accompanying tutorial AFTER reading this (kudos for the 2% that do actually read prior) don't be quick to judge. Anyhow, after the catastrophe occurred I held a compress against it for an hour until I decided to take a shower, in which the steam helped unleash the gook in my pores (reasons why I DONT use drugstore products) and also washed off the PTR enzyme mask.  Once I stepped out I made sure to give myself a nice lathering of my Fresh Seaberry Oil, 7 degree weather with 20 MPH winds does not call for cream moisturizers, especially with a scabby pimply thing on your chin craving seaberries! 

                                 After allowing my face oil to sink in my pores for a good 6-10 minutes I moved along to the next stage, priming! PLEASE do not skip adding a primer to your routine.  It will act as a protective barrier to your natural skin and will also prolong makeup wear time!  Getting back to priming- once I had put a few dashes of my Natasha Denona Face Glow Hydrating Primer to all zones of my face (cheeks, chin, nose, forehead), I proceeded to gently blending it out with smooth fluent motions going out towards my hairline.  It is super important you reach your hairline for the purpose of the most natural gradual coverage depletion over a few hours, meaning the whole face makeup will wear off in sync!  Depending on if your primer contains oil or not, let it set for about 5 minutes until you move onto the foundation stage. IF your primer addresses certain concerns or contains oil, the time for setting will be altered to 6-8 minutes easily.

                             In all honesty, I forgot how much coverage Nars's Sheer Glow Foundation gives.  All those red splotches? BYE BYE!  With just a little over a quarter sized amount (hard to have anything smaller due to the container not having a pump) onto the back of my hand and my hardy Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush, I began to gently yet firmly stipple the foundation onto the right side of my face (where most of the discoloration is).  Personally, start wherever you have the most concern, the whole "start from the center of your face" is useless, unless you're made of Ivory and perfect.  The reasoning behind the quote mentioned before is so the foundation naturally blends towards the hairline, however if done in a simultaneous manner the result with my method looks just as good! With that being said, as I was stippling the product on I lightly used downward stroking motions to buff the edges into my hairline as well as around my jawline.  I made sure to use light layers as this foundation can either be very sheer, or very cakey!  If perhaps you still have discoloration of any sorts (pimple, age spots ect.) don't start building up pigment, it'll just cake up. Simply move onto cream contouring and if you'd prefer, hold the contour and emphasize the highlight  (for the highlight you could use a skin toned concealer too)!

                 Cream contouring is the make it or break it stage of this makeup look.  Everything was placed in a specific manner to yield specific feature definitions or alterations.  For example, as modeled on the right, I took Cover Fx's N100 and applied it down the sides of my nose as well as slightly higher up in the hollows of my cheeks and on my jawline using Sephora #20 brush.  For some extra definition I took the contour color in the crease of my eyes as well as under my lips for a fuller effect.  When it came to cream highlighting I had to improvise quite a bit due to me hitting the pan of my normal shade! With a penny sized amount of Cover Fx's Cream Concealer onto my hand, I picked up the product using the same #20 brush and drew two upside down triangles under my eyes and one line down the bridge of my nose up to my forehead.  For extra detailing I took the color also from my left jaw line to my chin and finally to my right jaw line.  Once I had my ideal placement I moved forward to blending things out! I actually had left over foundation on my hand, so using my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush I picked up some product and began stippling it on top of my left jaw contour.  This will create a flawless coverage effect as well as sheer the dark brown out tremendously!  I continued with the firm stippling motions with the occasional side sweep to buff out the product to my hairline.  On the cheek contour I modeled in the video the method I use for more "uplifted" cheek bones- simply flick your brush upwards while using stippling motions at the same time :)!  For cream contouring you should really let it set for a few minutes, but I'm impatient boo hoo, NEXT STEP. 

                              You guys should be proud of me- for once I actually sucked it up and used pallet face powders (I explained why during my January Haul Video, long story short the products always make me break out, it's something about the pallet size-full version, very odd).  Right after cream contouring I picked up my Mac 168 brush and swept it into the Sun Bunny bronzer!  For some reason  I did not expect so much pigment to be picked up, but it happened so I gently tapped it against the pallet this way I could easily work in layers.  Following the "3" of my face I blended Sun Bunny from my temples down to the hollows of my cheeks and under my jaw line.  These are the basic area's the sun naturally hits, sans the nose (avoid shimmer products here).  To deepen my contour up a tad I moved to my Smashbox Contour kit.  With the contour shade I followed the same "3" positioning used before with bronzing, just with the additive of the sides of my nose.  ONLY issue here is the powder blends out red, not taupe.  This led me to quickly picking up my Marc Jacobs #instamarc pallet too go over the nose contour!

                                 When it came time to add a blush I cried a bit inside because my masterpiece wasn't dry yet, thus coverage was swished around.  Rather using a super bright pink or saucy purple I stuck to the coral spectrum just for the reasoning a Taurus woman/man have stubbornness that at times results in procrastination and laziness, coral is very mellow (laziness) and brats, thus most won't use the shade (stubbornness/brash)!  Straight from the stick I smudge Nars's Multiple Stick in Portofino onto my cheeks and blended from the apples up to my hairline using my index and ring finger.  I made sure to use very slight motions JUST to be sure the product underneath stayed put!

                  The type of glow you have is very important, the simple change from pink champagne to golden peach can alter a makeup look dramatically as different vibes are given off! One of the first things I had done since I wasn't quite sure on the powder I wanted to use was applying Nars's Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana to the high points of my face.  This is pretty much a natural pink thus it can fit with many powder shades- with a pea-sized amount on the back of my hand I blended the color on my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow using my Sephora Pro Small Teardrop Highlighter Brush.  After brushing the shade on I then had the epiphany to use Flush from the Le Grand Palais pallet, I was NOT disappointed (it's freaking gorgeous and looks very natural).  The same areas I had used the liquid on is where this powder went, only difference here is I brushed excess onto my chin and forehead for a balanced glow!

                         As all of you know I prefer doing the lips/powder/spray at the exact end of my tutorial's, it doesn't matter how glittery or intense the look is, those are finishing steps.  Interestingly enough not much was done today in this department, in fact after I had finished up the eyes FOR THE SECOND TIME I simply applied Sable to my lips with Limbo on the outer corners for an ombre effect, then proceeded to picking up my Sephora Pro Small Teardrop Highlighter Brush to pat on Laura Mercer's Translucent setting powder to my jaw, forehead, chin, and under eye area. Thankfully although the eye makeup did not record I didn't spray on any setting spray, if I had it would of been disastrous.  Too many layers can cause serious acne as the pores will clog!  Just as said in my video, if you happen to alter this look to your personal needs YOU MUST use setting powders/sprays, it'll prolong wear time and keep your makeup fresh as a daisy ;). Ironically daisies are my least favorite flowers, Tiger Lily's are where its at with a mixture of Orchids!
*ELF Smudge Pot, Brownie Points
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s): FrappeCorrupt
*Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadow's: Melrose, Boyband, Fizz
*Too Faced Natural Eyes Pallet: Sexpresso, Honeypot 
*Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow, Subterranean
*Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow, Lumi 
*BH Cosmetics Glitter: Lime Green

                                  For once in my life I actually had a pretty smooth brow day, we can all thank the bloody shaver.  To really mimic the personality of a Taurus person one must keep in mind soft brows with soft arches WILL NOT cut it!  Here is where the stage is all yours- you could opt in for thick fuzz brows, oh I mean "Instabrows" *snore* too mimic the free spirit, or medium brows like I did to channel the inner fox.  With my brand new Anastasia Beverly Hills #12 brush I gently spoolied through both brows just to tame and shape them a tad.  I then proceeded to lining the upper brow and lower brow to the point where both ends met and the tail of my eyebrow, after doing so I began to fill my brows in with light upward brush strokes.  Everything was topped off with one extra spoolieing! Some people prefer to go over with clear gel OR colored brow gel, but personally this stuff stays all day none of that is needed UNLESS you have very oily skin.

                             Prior to applying my Elf Smudge Pot, I briefly blended in Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to my lid area and up to my brown bone.  I used Milk as a strong base shade for the Colourpop shadow that'll be added to the crease- blending up Brownie Points will just create a huge metallic black eye. After the shade was fully dispersed I moved onto patting Brownie Points across my lid using an Urban Decay Electric Pallet brush (eyeshadow brush side)!  Though it's really not necessary to pack up pigment, I did do so just for a metallic sheen. By this point the lid's are primed, move onto the crease because the lid shades are patted on towards the end as this is the best method for application! 

                                There are one of two ways to go about this look, either rustic vibes OR super smokey vibes.  I opted in for the rustic route because it screams outdoorsy and is super sexy on it's own! Using my Mac 217 brush, I picked up Frappe and began to gently ease the shade into my crease.  Frappe is very similar to Makeup Geek's Cocoa Bear, either or will work in this instance!  Be sure to stick with side to side blending motions with the occasional tiny circular motion to blend the product upwards.  If you must build up pigment work in light layers NEVER a lump sum of color!  If you happen to of used the same method I did with a base shade first then the smudge pot directly on the lid, you'll reap it's benefits with using Melrose in the crease.  Melrose is a stunning color, but is quite difficult to blend.  Stick with the 217 brush for the purpose of it being coarse, thus it's easy to pick up the product! Using slight side to side motions I firmly placed this right in the inner V of my eye with fluent blending strokes. Melrose is a few shades deeper than Frappe, don't get the bright idea to swap the shades BOTH are needed as Melrose gives the smokey copper effect! Once Melrose is fully blended in, the drama starts picking up.  The next deepest shade I had handy was Hot Chocolate from the ABH Self-Made Pallet, and luckily it also mimicked warm tones! Following the same pattern of side to side motions used with the previous shades, I blended Hot Chocolate in. Unlike the previous shades I concentrated it right in the inner V and smudged it down to my outer lid, which formed a gradience and smoked effect!  Too keep up with the drama being created I took Sexpresso and literally went to town. I smudged SOO much of this shade into the inner V it's not even funny!  In the midst of doing so I took a tad of Corrupt and mixed it heavily into ABH's Deep Plum (to add a warmth) and placed it right into the inner V, this time closer to my lid. 

                                  After you add Corrupt/Deep Plum into the crease leave it alone and move forth to the lower lash line!  The first shade I had added is Subterranean by Sugarpill, it's a super unique color that mimics blue-green notes WHICH compliments Lumi (inner corners) extremely well.  Using my Mac 219 Pencil brush I harshly smudged Subterranean across the lower lash line stopping at the inner corners of my eye.  A lot of this requires prior placement knowledge because I stopped the smudging process exactly in the area I'd apply Fizz!  Speaking of Fizz, using the same 219 brush I gently applied it right in the inner corners of my eyes, sans the tear duct.  Fizz requires build up, be patient it's better than using your fingers and making a mess that'll take forever to cover up!  After I had Fizz applied and built up to my desired pigment I moved forth in applying BH cosmetics Lime Green Glitter right on top.  This requires NO glitter glue, it's simply a light patting of glitter to enhance the green/yellow shade!  The last color you'll need to apply is Lumi, this should be placed slightly above Fizz but directly in the tear duct area.  I highly suggest sticking with brushes and NOT using your fingers!

                            Moving back uptown to the lids I patted Boyband across Brownie Points using slight upward and side tug motions, avoid side to side blending motions as that'll sheer the color out! This is an absolutely stunning color, super ideal for everyday wear and it lasts 7+ hours WITHOUT primer which is pretty damn good.  After applying Boyband generously to my lids I had the bright idea of creating a "halo" eye effect, sort of like with my Bronze Goddess look! Using Honeypot from the Too Faced Natural Eyes Pallet, I gently smudged it in the center of my lids.  I didn't really worry about a pigment build up as this was a faint sheen of color!  

                             This just came to my head now- if you don't happen to own ANY Colourpop shadows Makeup Geek's Havoc shadow would be an awesome alternative as it leans copper-green in tone!  Anyhoo, after I had dazzled up my eyes I then moved onto lining and defining for a fierce look.  Unlike my Aries Fired Glitter tutorial where the liner was sharp and in an Egyptian style, this look calls for a more softly blended YET intense pigment!  To get that effect I first lined my upper lash line using the ABH Creme Liner in Jet with my Anastasia Beverly Hills #12 brush.  Surprisingly this brush is SUPER amazing when it comes to applying eyeliner, in fact I even apply Jet to my waterline and was able to smudge it down under my lower lashes! To form more of a "darkness" since Taurus can go from very mellow to dark in their ways I picked up corrupt and smudged it heavily on top of Subterranean using the Mac 219 from before.  Begin to finish up the look by coating you lashes with your favoriiiiiiteee mascara!  Though the Too Faced Better Than Sex is an older love of mine, I couldn't find my Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes, so I had to settle :(.  Just like the highlighter has a personality, so do the lashes!  If you so much as think lashes are not important, you're out of this Lillee realm!!!!!!!  Kiss's lashes in Ritzy are the perfect combo of flirty and intense, choose a lash style that will not cover the eye makeup, only enhance, keep in mind Taurus goes head and head with being natural in style but also very head strong in their opinions, thus a balance of two is needed!
                     Stay tuned for the next look, Gemini!  It'll definitely be something different for me because the look will encompass red, which doesn't gel well with many colors.  In conjunction to all of this my next Everyday makeup tutorial is on the way, while it won't be for February since the month is coming to an end it'll be super fun to start bringing out springy shades! Stay warm everyone, thank you for your constant support :)!