Saturday, January 2, 2016

Everyday Makeup Routine: January


         While the first look of January isn't quite intense this look was HIGHLY requested so I decided to take a shot at it!  An everyday makeup routine is mostly why many women get into makeup in the first place.  My everyday routine, as said in my YouTube video introduction, changes very often.  For example, one day I might wear pink lipgloss the next perhaps purple.  Even my eyeshadow technique changes as instead of wings I use smudged liner, however this look consists of products that I use consistently.   This makeup look was put together with cold weather in mind!  Every facial product used has oil in it to prevent and treat dry patches, some of them such as the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation are extremely versatile and work on oily skin too (own experience)!  This full routine takes me 29 minutes total, which is a lot compared to most but hey beauty is pain I wake up earlier.  A lot of these can be taken out such as cream contouring (adds on 9 minutes), I just prefer it because it brightens up my features tremendously in the morning hours!  On things that are optional it will be marked with "**".

     If any of you have requests you can always let me know I respond within an hours time.  Before getting into the actual look details I also would look to draw notice to a few new features I have added to my blog!  Now you can easily stay updated on my Instagram posts as well as be able to easily subscribe to my blog and YouTube.  Be sure to follow me on those Social Media platforms to be updated.  Also, for those who aren't into reading a bunch of FABULOUS DETAIL, note the caps, on Instagram I list a short and sweet description of the products used.  For those into video representations fear not my new camera will be here within a week, however for now I have a few new tutorials up that work great for January (smokey eyes).  Lastly, I'd highly suggest following my Bellashoot since it is a great app and I update it almost every single day.  You can post just about anything; makeup, clothes, beauty, reviews, food, overall awesome app to check out!


              Every morning I cleanse my skin with Bobbi Brown's Buffing Grains and Murad's Time Release Acne Cleanser.  These two work together perfectly to combat my hive broken out skin without over drying it. To finish it all off I use Fresh's Seaberry Oil!  Especially with the Winter weather peaking in New York, an oil is a must in any beauty regime.  Since this oil is extremely thick in texture, it requires a longer amount of time to set.  Be sure you time yourself correctly so you don't have an oil slicked face to begin with!  I know how stressful that can be in the morning.

          Right after your pores have absorbed the oil, or whatever you chose to use, move along primer.  Any everyday makeup should involve a primer regardless if you're a fan or not.  It prolongs makeup wear time and protects your skin from products sinking in your pores, sort of like when your put on a base coat for nail polish!  With my Hourglass N28 Primer which happens to be SUPER moisturizing, I smoothed a pump onto my entire face including up to my hairline.  Be sure to time this around 6 minutes (has oil included in the primer) this way if you have dry patches like me it'll be taken care of!

          If you're contemplating purchasing Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, just buy it.  This is the perfect Winter foundation because it contains rose petal oil thus it'll keep that Winter flushed skin hydrated all day long!  With one pump of the foundation and an Elf Ultimate Blending Brush I began to stipple it on all zones of my face.  I'm one to work on placement first rather jumping right into small sections of blending, I find it makes things go quicker in the morning!  Once I had the product stippled onto all zones of my face, these include both cheeks my chin, forehead, and nose, I had moved along to buffing stray marks in with smooth circular and downward stroking motions!  Once the stray marks were smoothed in I let the foundation set for 3 minutes.  If your entire face is not covered and you have blemishes I wouldn't worry too much IF you're doing cream contouring like myself.  I'd highly suggest if you're not one to contour to use a concealer as the next step and to set it with a powdered foundation.

  ***   Contouring was interesting today as I was prompted to use an extra highlighting tool! First off, to add cream contouring to your morning routine is nothing to be ashamed of, do what makes you happy.  For me, I always wake up grumpy and ghostly pale so adding a little contour and highlight brightens up my features as well as my mood.  Anyways moving along, with the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer I highlighted my under eye areas with upside dow triangles, and I also drew a line from my forehead down to the tip of my nose with a jaw to chin to jaw highlight as well.  Then with the Marc Jacobs Re(MARC)able Concealer and an Urban Decay Electric Brush (don't ask why lol it was conveniently there) I dabbed it onto any spots containing visible break outs.  This is a great Winter concealer primarily because once again it contains hydrating properties and it is super creamy! As far as contouring goes I took Cover Fx's N100 Cream Foundation and with the same Urban Decay brush drew two lines on the sides of my nose that connected to the tip, and one line on my cheeks and on my jaw lines!  To blend the product's out I took my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and starting from my jaw up began to blend in the left side of my face with a series of circular and stippling motions, especially on those broken out areas! Be sure to repeat the same motions on the opposite side of your face for an evenly blended look.  Always check in multiple lightings that your contour looks natural, sometimes in warm lighting it can look harsh while in cool lighting it may look completely normal!***

           In my opinion every Winter routine should include a bronzer.  Bronzers do not have to look like you overly tanned yourself, sometimes in cases such as Winter it can even out a rose flushed skin tone with adding slight hints of warmth back to the face.  With a Nars #21 brush and Bobbi Browns Matte Bronzer I began to blend the product from my temples down to the hollows of my cheeks and finally to my jawline.  This is known as the outer "3" of your face, or areas the sun naturally hits!  IF you want you may also bronze the sides of your nose and simply use this to set the contour.  Only use matte bronzers to set contours, never shimmery ones, especially if you're not planning on the addition of a taupe powder. 

     ***   Speaking of taupe powder, really quickly I took the Marc Jacobs #insamarc Filtering Powders and with the dark bronze shade plus a Sephora #74 brush, I gently blended it in the hollows of my cheeks and on the sides of my nose!  I am a perfectionist so this step is really not needed but it makes me feel complete! ***

             Unless you have oily skin, most people know a cream blush is your best bet in the Winter.  The upside to cream blushes such as Nyx's Rogue is they look glowy, they can be built up and they last hours upon hours!  To begin I used my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush (this is literally the only brush I use every morning haha), and starting from the apples of my cheeks I began to stipple the rosy pink on.  After a good amount of product was applied I then moved upwards towards my hairline to create a natural drawn back effect.  This creates the illusion of higher cheek bones as well.

            To illuminize in the Winter is pretty much a must.  The method of strobing can easily be used instead of contouring however be sure to set things with powder since unlike in the Summer you don't have to worry about facial products melting off!  With Nars's Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana and my Sephora Teardrop Highlighting Brush, I began by squeezing a pea-sized amount to the back of my hand and then I gently applied it to the "C's" of my eyes with upward swept motions as well as down the bridge of my nose and forehead.  To set this I then took Becca's Champagne Pop and dusted it in those exact areas I put the liquid.  Since this powder has a slight peach undertone it helps add warmth to my skin!

          The last step in this routine is setting powder+spray!  I simply take Makeup Forever's HD Setting Powder, though not the most hydrating, and brush it underneath my eyes, on my forehead, on my chin, and between my cheek and jaw contour with a Sephora #74 brush.  I finish things up by applying my lipgloss of choice, today happened to be Dior's lipgloss in 863, and then I spritz a few drops of Urban Decay's All Nighter on to ensure my makeup lasts all day and remains refreshed! 

        The first step to any eye look is eyebrows, mind you mine are are super fuzzy because I need to pluck.  Looking past my fuzzy brows, I went in with my normal ABH Dipbrow in Caramel and an ABH #12 brush.  The first thing I do every morning is spoolie through both eyebrows, line them to my  desired shape which is a soft arch, and then fill them in with light brush strokes!  I give them one last spoolieing to ensure the product evenly disbursed.

             Right after doing my brows I like to apply Bobbi Brown's Cream Eyeshadow in Bone!  This is my go to priming base every morning because it really helps my eyeshadow remain pigmented throughout the day without flaking or transferring to my under eye area.  Simply take a brush, or your finger, and smudge this over your entire lid blending up towards your eyebrows.  Take this under the lower lash line as well!

*Tarte Tartlette Pallet- Free Spirit, Dreamer, Wanderer
*Too Faced Chocolate Bar- Gilded Ganache, Champagne Truffle, Hazelnut, Creme Brûlée 
      ** Many of the shades present in the Chocolate Bar Pallet can replace the ones used from Tarte's Tartlette Pallet however I just like using the two separate as Wanderer leans more cool toned and Dreamer is warm toned! **

         Begin the look by brushing on Free Sprit to the entire lid area with a fluffy eyeshadow brush.  I used my Urban Decay Naked 3 brush because well...it was convenient.  Be sure to apply this color up to your brow bone!  If you happen to have extremely pink lids I'd suggest using the shade Super Mom, the whole point here is to apply a base shade matching your skin color.  

         Once you have your base shade set take a dense blending brush such as Mac's 217 and with the color Wanderer blend into your crease.  Be sure to use a variety of circular and side to side motions until you evenly disburse the product out.  Also, do not be afraid to build up pigment with this!  Especially with such a dark inner V shade to come its essential Wanderer is prominent enough for a smooth gradience.  Using the same 217 brush pick up the color Dreamer.  This color was chosen because I liked the name, but it seemed to work out extremely well in the long run!  With slight patting and side to side motions blend the shade into the inner V.  This color can be quite intimidating since it is dark but if done correctly (buildable layers) this should blend out smoothly.  Be sure to follow your eye socket creasing as a guide.  

           The last few parts of this look involve the lower lash line and highlighting the brow bone!  The colors I had chosen, one recommended to me, are perfect for any eye color especially blue eyes.  With a Mac 239 brush I went into the color Gilded Ganache, I apologize by the way, on recording I pronounced this totally wrong!  With the deep bronzy shade I smudged it right under my lower lash line moving in slightly towards the inner corners.  Following the same smudging motions I then took the color Hazelnut and blended this right into Gilded Ganache moving closer to the inner corners of my eye.  To finish up the gradient effect I took Creme Brûlée and applied it right in my tear duct!

       Finish off the look with a light dusting of Champagne Truffle on the brow bone (I used a Mac 224) as well as in the inner corners of your eye.  Place the color slightly to the side of Creme Brûlée this way the gold is still visible!

            In all honesty doing a wing is the most optional thing ever, in fact sometimes I switch it up with smudged liner as said earlier before!  However for the sake of what I normally do, I'd highly recommend using a long wearing liner such as Kat Von D's Tattoo Eyeliner!  Be sure you use a product you're super comfortable with since in the morning you'll more than likely be rushing.  MUFE's Aqua Eyes was smudged on my waterline for a nice contrast to my blue eyes :)!

        When I am not wearing falsies I like to have a look as close as possible to that, so call me crazy lash lady I do not care.  I begin by applying Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes only my top lashes every morning, use as many coats as you need! After applying this I then apply one coat of Too Faced Better Than Sex and finish off with ABH Waterproofing Topcoat Mascara.  The same process is done on my lower lashes as well as on the other eye!  The waterproofing mascara has been a staple product in my everyday routine ever since I got it back in April.  It is simply amazing and prevents flaking from occurring, which is helpful on 7+ hour school days!  I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial as it wasn't too fancy it just was me sharing my fav's with you guys :)