Saturday, December 19, 2015

Sultry Pink Holiday Makeup Tutorial



      I don't know about you guys but I am super excited for the upcoming holidays!  In lieu of these fabulous events coming up, I created a look that is EXTREMELY versatile and accommodates even those not comfortable with makeup.  While some might be afraid to use a strawberry pink on the lids, I assure you that its just like wearing an intense bronze.  Depending on what tone of pink you use results will fluctuate.  Makeup Geek's Razzleberry, which is use on the entire lid for this look, is a wonderful raspberry with gold flecks that can easily be toned down, which goes back to this look accommodating every type of beauty addict!  

     Keep in mind removing or switching in the look with different lashes can also be the difference of total glam, to complete chicness.  In total this took around 45 minutes, 25 minutes on the face and 20 minutes on the eyes.  Moreover it is NOT a difficult look to complete! If you do what I had with blending out the crease tremendously this is as simple as a daily routine :).  Be aware that there will be TONS of photos on this blog post as well as ample descriptions so try not to get too bored, there will be apples, lots of apples because who does not love apples!
  
*Nars Multiple Stick, Copacabana
*Hourglass Ambient Lighting Pallet, Incandescent Light 

       Before moving forward with this look, throughly cleanse and moisturize your skin!  After spending an hour squeezing out blackheads with a tweezer, I came to the realization it is sort of addicting, to stay the least.  Almost like when you see your own ear wax...hmm.  At any rate, besides the fact I am grotesque, I then proceeded to exfoliate my skin with Peter Thomas Roth's FIRMx Peeling Gel! This exfoliator is superior to any buffing grains on the market today because it gets all the gook off of my skin and you can visibly see the dead skin rolling off!  I like to allow the gel to set for 2-3 minutes for extra enzyme relief, this leaves a clearer and brighter complexion.  I then proceed to wash the gel off with warm water and as a finishing step, doused my skin with Fresh Seaberry Oil! Allow this to sink into your pores for a good 4 minutes!  

         The foundation I chose is extremely full coverage and tugs on the skin quite a bit, so I went for a velvety smooth primer, specifically Dr Brants Pores No More! I squeezed out a pea sized amount into the palm of my hand and began to spread it around all zones of my face, focusing it on the center blending out towards my hair line.  This technique can be used with any primer, however just like with the moisturizing step you must allow the primer to set into your skin!  Depending on the consistency of either your favorite primer, or if you're trying out a new one, you can be the judge of how long you'd like it to set on your skin for.  Generally thicker textures need a longer amount of time to set.  For the Dr Brant Pores No More I timed it to 3 minutes!

           I actually just bought the Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme last Saturday and I was shocked.  It has the most full coverage consistency out of ALL of my foundations, even out of Estee Lauder's Double Wear.  While it might be because this is a creme, it defiantly packs a punch in pigment leaving me to NOT need any concealer, which is a plus!  I haven't tried applying it with a Beauty Blender yet but I should because I noticed with brushes that go unwashed for a few days, the foundation tugs tremendously.  At any rate, I squeezed only one pump onto the back of my hand and with my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting Foundation Brush, blended away!  Instead of starting from the center of my face I patted the foundation onto both cheeks, on top my forehead, and on my chin.  The placement process is super simple with the MJ sculpting brush because it naturally conforms to the contours of the face!  After you have placed the product all over your skin, there should be a hefty amount left over, I chose to save it incase I needed fuller coverage on spotted areas.  Simply begin to drag the product out from the center of your face to your hairline.  Use long strokes, and be sure to focus mostly on downward motions this way peach fuzz is less noticeable! Repeat this motion all around the face until you reach an area needing more coverage.  On those areas simply pick up more product and stipple it in.  


    Like I say every time I post about cream contouring, you don't have to use a product just because it is labeled "cream contour" or "contour product".  Concealers, and especially cream foundations work just as well and on the powder side of the spectrum, even a powdered foundation a few shades darker and lighter does a wonderful job!  Today I had used Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Concealer as a highlight and Cover Fx's N100 Cream Foundation as a contour!  As demonstrated in the photo above, I am using an Urban Decay Naked 2 brush to draw straight contouring lines.  I basically highlighted the areas I wanted to make wider (under my eyes in downward triangles, down the bridge of my nose, on my forehead in a sprouting flower positioning \|/, and from my left jaw to my chin to my right jaw), and contoured areas I wanted to either make more prominent or make smaller (the sides of my nose, hollows of my cheeks for a more defined cheek bone appearance, and just on top of my jawline's).  To the right is the final layout, it varies from person to person as we all have different wants and needs in the contouring world!

       As pictured on the left side, you should always blend the contour upwards for a lifted effect!  With my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush I began to work the product in from my jawline up with smooth circular motions and if needed patting ones as well.  As you reach the center of your face, which is basically the under eye highlight be sure to wipe off your brush (if you're using one) to prevent product buildup :~).

           Once you have fully blended in the cream contour, focus on providing color back to the skin!  I opted in for Givenchy's Poudre Bonne Mine Bronzer in number 4 because despite the darkness it contains a-lot of depth!  With a Mac 168 brush, I swirled the bristles into the powder and gently tapped it against the container for a sheerer finish.  After doing so I blended the color from my jaw line right up to the hollows of my cheeks, and finally to my temples.  

        When contouring or even bronzing for that matter keep in mine the reverse three.  This consists of  moving from your temples down inward to the hollows of your cheeks, just like the number 3 goes in, and finally looped out to the jaw! This is a radiant product so I lightly dusted it on the sides of my nose too.  If you're using a matte bronzer such as Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, you might want to skip the powder contour process, or if you're like me go for it and use it for added dimension.

        Wherever you have cream contoured is exactly the placement for powder contour!  This just adds dimension back and sets everything in place.  With a Sephora #53 brush I went right into the dark bronzed shade provided by Marc Jaocobs #instamarc Filtering Powder Pallet.  This brush makes for a simple contour as it has soft bristles not too dense, and is the perfect shape for nose contouring!  I am not so fond on powder highlight so this step is completely up to you.

          For once I have stepped away from the cream blush side of town.  The Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush case was tempting for for about a week now and I decided to just go for!  For a more precise application of the blush I used my Sephora #74 Blush Contour Brush.  Starting from the apples of my cheeks moving upward towards my hairline I gently swept the candy colored pink back and forth for a diffused finish.  You can always reapply for a more intense blush look!

          This look was extremely glowy so don't be afraid to rock even a super shimmery glow!  I went for a subtle highlight with a "inner glow" appearance.  I began with a cream to powder lluminzer to create a stickier base for the powder to come!  I simply applied Nars Multiple Stick in Copacabana right from the tube to the C's of my eyes (from my brow bone down to my cheekbones), and with a clean finger blended it in gently with downward streaks.  Any excess product was put onto my cupids bow and down the bridge of my nose!  For just a slight touch of glimmer I took the #53 Sephora brush and dusted Hourglass's Incandescent Light right onto my cheek bones.

       Right after my eyes were finished I proceeded to set my skin with Makeup Forevers HD Setting Powder!  With the Sephora #74 brush I dusted it under my eyes, on my T-zone, between my cheek and jaw line contour, and on my chin.  Then, I simply sprayed Urban Decays All Night Spray a few times to ensure the makeup would last all day long and look refreshed!

       As far as the lips go I opted in for a dusty nude with rose tones!  I just applied Lolita straight from the tube then went over it with Anastasia Beverly Hills Vintage.  This look honestly goes with anything, including any lip color.  How do I know this?  Well I wore a primary blue jumpsuit which is the most clash prone shade known, and it worked wonderfully.  Experiment, and do what feels and looks best on you:)!


For the eyes I had taken some photos to clarify the placement of the crease shades as well as the primary color focus on the lid!

    Once you have put on your highlight, or perhaps setting powder, move right to the brows!  I changed to the color Caramel rather my normal Blonde because my roots have grown out quite a bit and the ashy tones weren't cutting it for me.  Just like any day of the week I spoolied through each brow with my ABH #12 brush then proceeded to line and fill in each brow to my desired shape!  

      With a cleaned shadow brush go into Bobbi Browns Cream Eyeshadow in Bone and spread it evenly across the lids up to the brow bone.  Then, right from the stick take Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and smudge it on the entire lid area.  Just like with the cream eyeshadow blend this out with either a finger or the same brush, be sure to concentrate it on the lid area only.

*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pans, Razzleberry, FrappeBittenCorrupt, Homecoming
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow, Deep Plum
*LimeCrime Venus Pallet, Shell, *Aura


     With a fluffy blending brush take the shade Frappe by Makeup Geek and blend it into the crease with fluent circular motions.  This is just the traditional shade so if you mess up, don't stress it!  I am using ABH's Self-Made Pallet brush by the way, works amazing.  If you do not have Frappe go for any medium toned brown with slight red notes, this way it compliments the pinks and plums to come.


 With a slightly more dense blending brush go into Makeup Geek's Bitten.  This will be the actual crease shade, and just like the transitional shade be sure to use circular motions, just in this case tinier ones.  Depending on if you'd like this look to be an everyday go to or a smashing ooh la a look, you decide how blended you want your crease!  I went for a super blended out crease this way the pink stood out against the lashes I had chosen.


      To add some depth too the crease mix Makeup Geeks Corrupt and ABH's Deep Plum together!  I focused more on the lid shade with this look so it is up to you how deep you'd like the crease to go!  I literally patted on the color to the inner V of my eye with only very slight side to side motions to blend it into the previous shades.


        With a flat shader brush, or in my case the flip side of the ABH Self-Made Pallet brush, swirl your brush into Razzleberry. With slight patting motions, pat the shade onto mid lid area.  Avoid patting it into the crease OR onto the tear duct range!  If you must just use side to side motions to ease Razzleberry into the crease colors.  With the same flat end side, or in some cases flat shader brush, simply wipe it off with a clean paper towel and go right into Shell from Lime Crimes Venus Pallet! 

       I apologize for not photographing this, but my phone had died.  Right where Razzleberry ends towards the tear duct, begin to pat on Shell and blend it half way under your lower lash line.  To create a soft radiance take Makeup Geek's Homecoming and smudge it right under your lower lash line and stop where Shell begins!  For a brow highlight you can either use the same lluminzer as used for the face or go into Aura from the Venus pallet and dust it right under your brow bones!

   With a clean liner brush by Sephora I lined my waterline and then I proceeded to line my upper lash line with a cat eye shape.  This step is completely optional!  IF you're looking for that more sultry touch I'd recommend smudging a dark brown on the upper lash line rather boldly lining it.

*Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes, Black
            Iconic are literally one of my favorites and a go to of mine!  They have lasted me close to three months which is relatively good for lashes since you have to constantly peel off lash glue.  If I were to choose any other lashes for this look it would be Ardell Demi Wispies #120!  While they aren't as thick, these lashes can be built upon with other wispies and they can be found at any drug store.  Also, if you guys haven't already noticed this I switched from using my Better Than Sex to Lancomes Hypnose Doll Lashes!  It gives a much cleaner lash effect and has less clumps so all in all, its a major win:)!