Friday, December 25, 2015

Rainbow Eyeshadow Makeup Tutorial


         The thought of wearing a full spectrum of color usually scares the crap out of people, however why own an Urban Decay Electric Pallet if the only look you'll settle on doing is basic?  After searching on google for quite some time I was not satisfied with the results I got from literally searching 'Rainbow Makeup'.  I saw a lot of unblended work that frankly could've been better, so I decided to try it myself because make no mistake blending extremely vibrant colors IS TUFF!  Not only does this look have a sort of high fashion chicness hindered behind, it basically is my personality in a nutshell (also got some killer lashes at the drugstore yesterday)!  While in my tutorial I did use a different lipgloss I will of course list that here along with the one photographed above!  I always hate how once I record instantly I change the lip color after, there is never a time I'm satisfied grr.  While doing this have multiple blending brushes equipped and please note fall out is prevalent and these shadows stain!  Let's just get to the look as it took me around 45 minutes to complete which is on the timelier side of town.


In this photo the lipgloss is Nyx Glam Lipgloss Aqual Luxe in Velvet Ropes!
In my tutorial the lipgloss used is Limcrime Carousel Lipgloss in Snowsicle 

     I happened to film this video at literally 2 in the morning, so I really was not up to washing my skin.  Instead I applied Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask and allowed it to cleanse my pores for about six minutes.  I then finished off by washing my skin in warm water and applying Fresh Seaberry Oil to all zones of my face.  If you used an oil like me let this sink into your pores for a good 6-7 minutes!

            You should always use a primer with foundation, wether you're lazy or not get into the habit.  It protects your skin and makes the overall foundation smooth on MUCH better, think of it like when you put a nail base on to protect the natural nail barrier!  At any rate I used Dr Brandt's Pores No More Primer and smoothed it over all zones of my face.  Priming is extremely similar to the moisturizing process before hand because I simply used a pea-sized amount of the product, rubbed it between my fingers, and starting from the center of my face blended out towards my hair line.  Allow this to set for a few minutes!  Once again depending on if your primer has oil let it set for a longer period of time.

        Moving along to foundation, I was quite surprised on how glowy my skin look from Estee Lauders Double Wear Foundation.  Usual this stuff dulls out my skin and dries a little too matte for my liking, this goes to prove a different primer makes all the difference.  With exactly a dime sized amount (if you're able to control the product fall out) and your favorite brush/sponge, I went for Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting Foundation Brush, begin to stipple the product onto your skin.  I prefer starting from my left cheek and simply placing the product on where I have a good sized amount of excess product on the back of my hand still.  Once you have placed the product on all zones of your face (cheeks, forehead, chin) move along to slight buffing and downward stroking motions!  Don't use too much product simply work in layers because streaking is extremely easy to occur with this foundation in particular.  

      Contouring was a breeze today as I used a total of two brushes in the full process, which is pretty good considering how much blending has to be done with contouring set alone!  I took Urban Decays Naked Skin Concealer in 
Fair Neutral, which is a few skin tones lighter than my natural coloring, and I used it to highlight areas I wanted to make wider and more prominent.  To do so I drew a line from my tear duct down to the side of my nose extending back to my hairline (like an upside down triangle), I also took the product from my left jaw line to my chin and finally back to my right jaw, the last area I highlighted was my forehead down to the bridge of my nose!  For cream contouring I took my normal Cover Fx Cream Foundation in N100 and then with Sephora's Concealer brush from I believe 2013, I contoured the sides of my nose, the hollows of my cheeks and my jaw line itself.  To blend I used Elf's Ultimate Blending Brush and starting from my left jaw up I also incorporated large circular motions.  As I got up to my under eye area I also started to use slight stippling motions just to have a more natural effect.  When you're sponging in or brushing in the cheek contour be sure to use upward lifting motions to create the effect of higher placed cheekbones!

             I hardly ever use Makeup Forevers Pro Bronze Fusion, but today seemed like a good day to start. With my Tarte Swirl Powder Contour and Bronzing Brush I brushed the honey shade from my temples down to the hollows of my cheeks and to my jaw line.  Following the natural outer "3" of your face and gradually add warmth back with layers NEVER begin with a ton of product!  With the same brush I set the contour by going into Smashbox's Step By Step Contour Kit. Specifically with the shade called "contour" I re-contoured the sides of my nose as well as the hollows of my cheeks.  This creates a gradience between the bronzer and contour color which is atheistically pleasing by the naked eye.

          For a bright counterpart blush wise I used Nars Gaiety! With Sephora's #45 Brush I brushed the candy pink from the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline. This sort of application gives the illusion of higher up cheeks and deepens the contour tremendously!  Right after blushing I illuminized with Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder.  With any small brush gently dust the powder on the bridge of your nose as well as on the "C's" of your eyes and your cupid's bow.  I actually used an Elf Concealer Brush so the tools your opt in for do not matter as long as you get the job done!

    Once the eyes were completed I went into Baremineral Mineral Veil and dusted it under my eyes, on my forehead, and on my chin with the Sephora's #45 Brush.  Then I took Urban Decays Setting spray and spritz a few sprays on to ensure the makeup would last a few hours while still looking fresh!



I am honestly so happy I switched my brow color, unlike Soft Brown and Blonde this fits my strawberry blonde roots well!  Anyhoo, I first spoolied through my brows with my normal Anastasia Beverly Hills #12 brush brush then I gradually lines them to my desired shape and with light brush strokes filled them in!

     Once the brows were completed I moved along to priming my lids!  Beware that the Urban Decay Electric Pallet WILL STAIN so try to apply as much of a thick base as possible to ensure less staining is done.  I basically smudged Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk across my entire lid area then blended it up to my brow bones!

***Every single color was incorporated in this look so I will basically give you a run down of what was done in my YouTube video!***

      Once the eyeliner pencil was blended in fully pick up a flat fluffy shadow brush (I used Smashbox's Full Exposure Brush) and go into Slowburn.  Pat Slowburn on the entire lid a concentrate it in the area without blending anywhere else!  If you must build up pigment make sure you use light layers. Next, take Savage and on the inner third of the lid pat this right on-top of Slowburn.  Be sure to slightly blend it into the mid lid area to form a gradience.  Defiantly pack on the pigment for Savage because the whole idea here is to be a rainbow, and rainbows are bright!

         Once your have the lid set you can either move along to the lower lash line or the crease.  I went right to the lower lash line because Savage is already near the tear duct.  Speaking of tear duct with the flip side of the Smashbox brush I patted and lightly blended Trash in.  This color requires some build up but I wouldn't stress it because I then proceeded to pat Revolt right on-top!  Trash sets the way for the gradience of color under the lower lash line.  Right after Trash blend and pat Freak in followed by Fringe, Gonzo, and Chaos!

          The crease is the trickiest part because if not done right it can look like a horridly blended mess! To ensure this did not occur I used two brushes, Mac's 217 and Sephora's SUPER fluffy blending brush, which happens to be also from a brush set in 2013 so any fluffy blending brush will do. I took my Mac 217 and gently blended Jilted in the crease with fluid back and forth motions following my eye socket creasing.  By this point you should have a decent amount of color however it should be a little to confided together.  Simply take the fluffier blending brush and with larger side to side motions disburse the product up farther!  After you have blended Jilted in fully take Urban and apply this in the inner V with the Mac 217 brush.  Concentrate the color in this area but be sure to use tiny circular motions to disburse it upward slightly.  Once again take the fluffier blending brush and smooth it out!  

If you want a brow bone highlight simply take your illuminizer and blend it underneath your brow bones!

         Right after the shadow I took my Lime Crime liner in Quill and gave myself a cat eye.  The trick with eyeliner is to dash it on the mid lid then extend it outwards towards the hairline then gradually fill in and shape!  After doing so I went into Abh's Creme Liner in Jet and lined my waterline with the flip side of Urban Decay's Electric Brush.  This black outline make for a more dramatic effect.

          Okay so I was SUPER excited to incorporate these lashes in this look because they glitter!  What better lashes than cheap, glittery, and long lasting ones I THINK YES. Right after applying my mascara I placed them on and I think I fell in love.  They work perfectly with this look, which is funny because I just happened to pick them up on the go the other day!