Sunday, November 15, 2015

Thanksgiving Makeup Tutorial


Hey loves :)!  As you can tell, my hair got retouched up and looks absolutely incredible thanks to Sam at Euphoria Salon located at 2566 Francis Lewis Blvd, Flushing, New York.  
Todays look is privy to Thanksgiving which is now only a week away!  As being a white meat lover- turkey day is being craved BADLY by myself. To contain that craving I decided to bring the turkey to my face.  Yes. Turkey, face. 
JUST KIDDING- This is a warm toned look that would be perfect on Thanksgiving and defiantly make you stand out!


Before recording the video I washed my face with Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser.  To moisturize I used a heavy oil, in specific Fresh Seaberry oil.  Only one pump shall do and I concentrated the product on my under eye area + cheeks.  Be sure to let the oil sink in the skin before moving onward, because through experience I have learned the hard way you end up looking like an oil slick if you move on immediately.  

         The products that will be mentioned in first part of the video are as followed:
*ABH Cream Contour Shade- Banana

Thanks to my lovely period I broke out EVERYWHERE. Fear not, Born This Way is here to save the day. I mixed together one pump of Too Faced Born This Way Foundation with Burberry's Fresh Glow  . This combination gave a nice glowy effect without being over the top.  It also created a more natural effect.  I stippled and lightly blended on the mixture to my face with a Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting Brush. As shown in the tutorial, I began by stippling the mixture on my left cheek and lightly blending it toward my chin, to eventually reaching my forehead where I used excess product and lightly dabbed it on.

For areas that required more coverage I used my Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Concealer.  This stuff glides over everything and defiantly covers better than any other "full coverage" concealer I have used.  I lightly blended it under my eyes, and applied layers over blemishes.  For the blemishes I stippled in the product with a Sephora Multitasker Powder Brush #45 just so it didn't cake up during the day.

Contouring is fabulous.  Lets face it. 
 Im going to keep this rather concise since I could talk about contouring ALL day long.

Basically I applied Cover Fx Full Coverage Cream Foundation in N100 on any areas I wanted to create depth too. For example, I formed lines under my cheek bones, on my jaw line, and the bridge of my nose with a Sephora Concealer brush.

As it goes for the ABH Banana Highlighting shade, I applied it to any areas I wanted to make broader and more brighter.  To do so, I highlighted my under eye area in upside down triangles, the bridge of my nose, forehead, my chin, and right under the cheekbone contour.

Blending wise I used an Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and blended each side with circular motions.  You might want to have a paper towel handy to swipe off any excess product this way the contour is distinct from the highlight.

After doing my contour I preceded to bronze my skin, since much of the color from my face was removed.  I opted in for a matte bronzing shade since Benefit's Hoola stays on a rather long time.  I gently swept the product in a reverse 3 following the sides of my face with a Nars #21 brush.
(the reverse 3 contains the temples, hollows of cheeks, jaw line, and since this is matte, sides of nose)

   Now that you have that "reverse 3" idea in your head use it to set the contour with the powders of your choice.  I went for my usual Marc Jacobs #instamarc filtering powders because the photograph rather well and I assume many of you will be taking photos on Thanksgiving! The yellow powder was dusted under my eyes, on my forehead, on the bridge of my nose, and on my chin with a Sephora #74 Blush Contour Brush. Using the same brush I contoured the sides of my face (hollows, jaw, nose). Depending on your face shape is where you can decide if you'd like to contour your temples.  Personally, I like to create more space up there so I do not contour and focus more on the highlights.

When I had received my Elf order a few months ago I was quite surprised with the quality especially with the Shimmering Facial Whips!  Today I had used Golden Peach since Becca's Champagne Pop has the same undertones.  I applied the shimmering Facial whip to my cheek bones, bridge of my nose, and slightly on my forehead.  Then, I went into Becca's Champagne Pop with a Sephora Teardrop Highlighting Brush and swept the product on any area luminzied.  I actually just received Champagne Pop yesterday and IT IS AMAZING and such a unique color!  Not too bronzy, and not to golden.

To ensure everything stays in place- even over the boiling turkey that slowly is melting your makeup- I dusted on MUFE HD setting Powder with a #74 brush.   The key areas for setting powders, is under the eye and the T-zone!  Lastly, I sprayed on UD All Nighter Spray to revitalize the makeup and create a dewiness.


I wanted the eyes to contrast greatly, so I used Cocoa Bear, a warm toned shade, and 2 browns from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar pallet, which happen to be cool toned. I think I finally got the recording down pat so here I will just briefly explain what was done!

I used my typical #12 brush and first lined my brows.  
After doing so I gently filled them in with short flicks to mimic real brows.  
I opted in for a shade 2 times darker just to bring more warmth and direction to my eyes.

After doing my brows I applied the cream shadow all over my lid up to my brow, and under my lash line.  I then took the Jumbo Eye Pencil and applied it directly on my lid so the Elf pigment lasts longer+appears brighter.

I blended Cocoa Bear right into the crease as transitional shade.  I made sure to blend in side to side motions and smoked it out under my lower lash line with an Urban Decay Naked 1 brush.  Honestly, any fluffy blending brush shall do just mine was currently saturated in red.  How lovely ;')

*Too Faced Chocolate Bar Pallet- Semi-Sweet, Triple Fudge, Champagne Truffle, Marzipan
ALRIGHT- let me clarify this, in the video I had said HAUTE CHOCOLATE rather MARZIPAN- I meant Marzipan.  The shade Haute Chocolate was not used.

After blending in Cocoa Bear, I went into my Mac 217 blending brush.  First, I used the shade Semi-Sweet and blended it in the crease using circular motions.  Likewise, I then did a gradience by taking Triple Fudge and blending it in the inner V with the same 217, and blending motions.

Champagne Truffle was dusted right on my brow bones and Marzipan was applied to my lid area, and in the tear ducts with the fluffy side of the UD Naked 1 brush.

I gently patted this on my mid lid area with a flat shader brush.  Be sure to clean up any fall out before setting your face- although fall out is to a minimum.

OPTIONAL-> House Of Lashes Iconic