Saturday, November 21, 2015

Shimmery Thanksgiving Makeup


     Hey beauties!  Thanksgiving is just around the corner and what better way to hype up the excitement than planning out your makeup for that day!  A few days ago I had done a Thanksgiving makeup tutorial, so I decided to do a less "lashey" look and bring up the shimmer game.  The best part on the shimmer is there is no need for glitter bases!  All you need to do is pat on the shadow in two applications. 
  This is the look I had done for my "Stop Judging Makeup" video as well.  I am super fed up with people judging makeup when in reality its a positive thing, but hey it's just one more thing man has ruined. 


       I admit, before doing this look I was super lazy and did not wash my face.  I honestly had so many dry patches I lost count.  The moral here is to please, wash your face even in the laziest of moods (':  The only thing that saved me was my Hourglass N28 Primer.  As I have mentioned before it is SUPER moisturizing, especially when you let it soak in your pores for a few minutes.  As you might of assumed, my first step today was to smooth in a primer of my choice.  I made sure to only use half a pump (this can look oily) and disburse it evenly amongst the T zone, chin, and my nose going out towards my cheeks.

      I mixed a pea sized amount of Elf's Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight with my Too Faced Born This Way Foundation.  Despite the foundation being ultra glowy on it's own I wanted to glow more.  Like a disco ball.  I applied a pump of foundation to my skin with a Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting Brush

 Now, I just tried the Makeup Geek Stippling Foundation Brush and it was atrocious.  My makeup came out streaky and just, ew.  I suppose it depends on the foundation formula too because the TF Born This Way tends to be thick. 

    ANYHOOO, I first applied the mixture with two pats on my cheeks.  Then any excess product was patted onto my chin and forehead.  After I patted on the color streaking it down slightly I then began to blend with fluid patting and blending motions.  Make sure you blend from the cheeks OUT for a more even look!  

       IF you somehow had blemishes going out towards your ears now is when you can use some concealer to cover up!  Being my foundation is glowy, my concealer had to match.  I used Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able concealer in 1 Awake.  Rather doing what most people do with "carefully" placing the product over the blemish, I went in for the kill.  Literally.  I took my Sephora #45 and gently stippled the brush hairs into the concealer then, following the same quick up and down motion, I stippled and slightly blended it onto my blemishes.  This concealer is a life saver and lasts long periods of time!

   The next step is fairly simple but I noticed confuses some people.  Contouring is completely optional but it does give an extra oomph to any look!  Basically I like to create shadowing on areas I want to shrink, or make stand out and create light on areas I'd like to enlarge, or make wider.

    Everyone has a different face, so to keep it concise I used my finger and took a little product from Cover Fx's N100 Cream Foundation.  Then, I put a line under the hollows of my cheeks (which can be seen if you do an extreme kissy face), the exact positioning of my jaw line, and the sides of my nose.  Most people like to do a little something something to the temples, but as I said everyone has a different face shape!  For me, I like to widen the area, so I highlighted with N10 my forehead in a \|/ formation, under my eyes in reversed triangles, under the cheek bone contour, on the bridge of my nose, and my chin! 

   After doing so I blended the colors in with an Elf Ultimate Blending Brush.  I used circular motions and when it came to the under eye area slight patting motions.  In between each section I like to wipe off my brush on a paper towel this way no product build up occurs and the contour remains distinct between the highlight!

      Since I used the Elf Blending Brush for my contour, I wiped off the brush once more and went into my Nyx Rogue Cream Blush in Glow!  This is the perfect rose color for me and look natural as natural can be.  I gently stippled and swept the color onto the cheek bones RATHER the apples of my cheeks.  By putting it right on top of where you contoured it pulls to face together more.

  After the creams are done the rest is a breeze!  
   I added color back to my face with Benefits Hoola Bronzer.  Due to this being matte you can use it as a contour as well!  Using my Tarte Swirl Powder Bronzing and Contouring brush I swept the color under my jaw line, under my chin, and on the sides of my nose.  Instead of using the same sweeping motion I went ahead and patted the color right onto the hollows of my cheeks, then blended it in a bit. 

    I used to go highlighter crazy until I realized it made me look like a yellow lemon, which isn't a cute look.  Now I just use the dark powder for my powder contour, especially in the colder months when my skin isn't appreciating the dry formulas.  Using the same Tarte brush I swept the dark brown  color in the Marc Jacobs Filtering Powders Pallet right under my cheek bones and on the sides of my nose. I lightly dusted the yellow on the bridge of my nose, and on my chin+forehead using the side of the brush
   
       Once the eyes and lips are done,  I dusted Makeup Forever's Matte Setting Powder under my eyes, through my T zone and on my chin with a Sephora #74 brush.  Then I sprayed on Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray to freshen up the makeup and ensure it will last all day!



      What might surprise most people on this shadow look is the amount of products used is slim to none, it's all in the allusion of shimmer!  
What you will need though is a few blending brushes and one flat shader brush, like a Mac 239.

*ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde
Like another day I lined and filled in my eyebrows with an Anastasia Beverly Hills #12 brush.  Before lining them I spoolied through each eyebrow!

      Since the shadows lean purple I took my ring finger and applied this to my lid, smudging it down to my lower lash line.  This creates a fabulous base shade for Makeup Geek's Showstopper.

*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow(s) Bitten, Showtime
*ABH Eyeshadow(s) Birkin, Pink Champagne 
    Once the base shade has been put on I took my Mac 239 and patted on the shade Showtime to my lid.  Make sure you apply it in two coatings just so the reflective sparkles show.  This has minimum fall out as well which is a MAJOR plus!

After doing this I took my Sephora fluffy blending brush that came in a Christmas set last year, and blended Birkin in the crease, and smudged down to the lower lash line.  I noticed ABH does not hold these shades in individual pallet anymore, so you can swap this in with any pink toned brown!  

     Switching to another brush, specifically the 217 Mac brush, I went into the shade Bitten.  This color is an intense red that can easily be darkened with the mixing of Bitten+Showtime.  I concentrated the shade in the inner V of my eye with circular blending motions. Be sure to smoke the color out down to the lower lash line this way there is a gradience between light and dark, which elongates the eye.

Now to the fun part! 
There is honestly no need for another primer base as I said in the beginning of this  blog post.  I simply went into Pink Champagne and patted it right on top of Showstopper.  It took me two applications to fully get the color amped up, but it was well worth it.  I also took my ring finger and put the highly reflective color in my tear duct slightly blending into Bitten which happens to be on the  lower lash line!

To finish things up I dusted Becca Moonstone right on my brow bone.

I used a Mac 210 for a nice thick line then, I took the color onto the water line.


OPTIONAL 

Lips are Mac Diva