Saturday, November 7, 2015

Plum Smoke Makeup Tutorial


       Hey loves!  This look goes along with todays video thats less of a rant and more so a "Story Time With Lillee."  It has the perfect hues for fall and finally got me to wear my lavender lipstick that on camera leans pink for some reason. *sad face*  Rather doing a SUPER bright purple, I decided to reverse to combination with a dusty mauve on the lids and pop of bright purple on the lower lash line.   This effect widens the eyes and worked well with this crappy weather (meaning HORRIBLE LIGHTING).

     I also designed this to be especially good with flash photography!  Despite the Makeup Forever HD powder being highly reflective on camera, if the right amount is used then topped off with a matte highlighting shade there is no white castes created!  Oooh, and the lavender lipstick (since Mac no longer sells) it can be traded in with any light pink/purple color such as Buxom Lavender Cosmo!   This look is more of an on the town or glammed up evening look so I'd suggest washing your face thoroughly and moisturizing with oil since the colder weather yields yucky skin!   I used Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser with Fresh Seaberry Oil :)




*Nars Multiple, Copacabana 
     Alright!  Once you have allowed the oil set into your pores use one pump of the Hourglass N28 primer.  It has a moisturizing formula which can contribute to oiliness so any excess product I smooth under my chin, and neck.  

       Now that your skin is completely prepped you should begin to apply foundation!  I have been using the Too Faced Born This Way foundation lately because it gives very natural coverage while still offering enough to cover acne (godsend product just saying).  I used my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting Foundation brush and stippled the product on my skin.  I like to start by tapping the product onto my cheeks and spreading it outwards towards my ears for a more natural coverage.  I then blend the excess product on my chin, nose, and forehead.

     Before moving forward to contouring, I covered up any blemishes that were still slightly visible.  To do so I dipped my beauty blender into the Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able concealer and patted it onto the blemishes.  After doing so, I blended it in then set the concealed spots with a light dusting of Bobbi Brown's Skin Weightless Powder Foundation.  This just ensures the concealer will last all day + will provide MORE coverage.   

I got a sample of Cover Fx's Cream Foundation and I LOVE IT!  It has a thicker texture than their cream contour kit but it applies much smoother in my opinion and N100 contrasts much better than N60 on me!  As you can see from the left I contoured my nose, and cheek bones then highlighted my face with the shade N10.  I tend to highlight more than contour because I like to widen my face rather shrink!  After doing the contouring groundwork I blended in the product with a Sephora Multitasker powder brush with circular motions!  In between I wiped off the brush so the dark brown didn't mix with the light ivory shade.    

     Once you have blended the contour in fully go right into the bronzer of your choice! For this look I went for a subtle honey shade because I wanted to focus on my eyes.  Following a reverse "3" shade simply bronze your temples, the hollows of your cheeks, jaw, and sides of your nose.  I used a Nars #21 contour brush for a controllable application.


      Once the contour has been set the rest is a breeze!  For blush I stippled on Nyx cream blush in glow!  This color is a natural flush of pink with red tones that instantly brighten the face!  I used an Elf Ultimate Blending Brush to evenly distribute the product.  

    Next up is the illumination.  I applied Nars Multiple in Copacabana directly from the tube to my cheek bones, and the bridge of my nose.  This is highly reflective but easily blends out to a wonderful shimmer, which is a plus in gloomy weather!  After applying the product I took my ring finger and middle finger and blended the product in.  To set this I lightly dusted Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance over Copacabana for a more subdue effect. 

Now that you're a glowy disco ball, (hopefully not LOL), I lightly contoured my face!  Using my favorite Marc Jacobs Filtering Powders I applied the dark bronze to the hollows of my cheeks, and bridge of my nose with a Sephora #74 Blush Contour Brush.  After doing so, I took the light yellow and lightened up my face with the highlighting shade (same brush!).

**WHEREVER I CREAM CONTOURED IS WHERE MY POWDERS WENT!**

Lastly, shake the MUFE HD setting powder container and dust what is left in the tray to the under eye area, forehead, and chin.  Then give a few sprays of Urban Decays All Nighter for a finished look that will last ALL day!




 The eyes were my favorite part of this since I rarely use dusty mauves!  It totally complemented this weather and did not hinder any of my features since at times a combination of dark eyes, and gloomy weather doesn't match well. 

*ABH Dipbrow Pomaid, Blonde 
Before doing anything I lightly filled in my brows.  I wanted to maintain a natural arch because well, I was lazy.  Deal with it.  I used a #12 ABH brush btw :)

As you all know Bone is my new FAVORITE eyeshadow base! It smooths over everything and truly is much better quality than the Urban Decay Primer Potion.  Be sure to spread this all over you lids and under your lash lines!



*Makeup Geek eyeshadows, Corrupt, Unexpected, Duchess, Caitlin Rose

Once you have applied the cream shadow take any flat shader brush and go into MUG Unexpected.  I used a 239 Mac brush since it has a dense tip.  I lightly patted the color all over my inner lid to mid lid.  Rather going all the way I then swirled my brush into Caitlin Rose and using side to side motions blended it right into "Unexpected".

Duchess was blended in the inner V once Honey Butter was evenly blended through the crease as
a transition shade I used a Mac 217 for a concentrated color.   After that I took Corrupt and smoked everything out, meaning I used the backside of my UD Naked 2 brush and smoked it under my lower lash line and further in the inner V!  I tend to use circular motion with variations of side to side when creating a smokey effect!

Urban was smudged into Corrupt under my lower lash line with a 219 Mac pencil brush.  I then using my middle finger and tapped Revolt in the tear ducts of my eyes.  This brightened everything up and added a bit of glitz to the look!

Honey Butter was used as a transitional shade since it has nice neutral tones to it.  I used a fluffy Sephora Blending Brush and went into circular motions to disburse the color.  Be sure to carry it under the lower lash line too for less harsh lines!





Enjoy a special edition of Lillee :)