Friday, November 6, 2015

Glam Bronze Smokey Eye for Fall


Hey guys :)!  this is the first look I am welcoming into the month of November.   As I said in the previous blog post, I will be using LOTS of warm tones. Specifically in this look I was aiming for a dramatic "walk in the park" sort of look.  It can easily be toned up or down with he change of a lip color, or the use of different lashes.

      By the way- before getting into the details I would like to draw notice to a new feature I have added to my blog!  It can be found to the right hand side all the way at the bottom under Google translate.   Each month I will be doing a post with my favorite products!  Many of the items on this list will be "second reviews" because I admit, I've grown on a few products such as the Hourglass N24 primer.

ALRIGHT.  So, back to the changing of lip color!  After applying Mac Paramount I decided to apply Marc Jacobs Lip Creme in JE T'AIME.
This shade is a gorgeous muted strawberry color and like Mac Paramount pulled the look together.

Mystique in her Meowian language, says hello.


I wanted to form a look that seems like A LOT of work but in reality is thanks to lots of smudging and blending!

Before you do this look make sure to cleanse the face of any impurities!  I happened to do a mask before so I skipped the cleansing part!  I used Fresh Rose Mask and allowed it to soak in my skin for five minutes.  After I saw the mask matted down, I washed it off with luke-warm water and proceeded to the next step.  The next step being, moisturizing!  I used my usual Fresh Seaberry Oil and allowed it to dry for a few minutes.




*Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Golden Light

*NYX Cream Blush, Glow 

*Elf Facial Whip, Spotlight 



To ensure my skin has more moisture for a dewy effect, I went ahead and patted on my Hourglass N28 primer.  This can VERY easily look oily make sure to use half a pump and apply to the forehead, nose outwards toward the ears, and chin.  Allow to dry for a minute, during this minute you should apply a pump of the Too Faced Born This Way to the back of your hand.

I decided to use my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush for nice and even coverage! 
 I began by stippling the product on my chin up towards the sides of my jaw.  Then, I grabbed some more product and applied it from the sides of my nose outwards toward my ears.  This creates a more natural affect.  If more coverage is needed simply stipple (pat the brush up and down) in the foundation.  Any excess product was used on my forehead and on my nose directly!

If you need extra coverage, like myself, I'd suggest using a powder foundation and creamy concealer!

In specific, Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able concealer and Bobbi Browns' Skin Weightless.
I applied the concealer in numerous places such as under my eyes in downward triangles ( \/  \/ )  and over any blemishes!  This has a SUPER creamy yet thick formula that also looks dewy so if you happen to have dry skin fear not, Marc saves the day!  To blend the product in I used my fingers, using mostly patting motions.  After doing so I took a Beauty Blender and patted the powder foundation over the concealer to provide more coverage. 
 You may want to skip this step if you prefer a more dewy, and nature look!  



Since the contouring process involves creams, and powders I provided an image where you can clearly see the placement of the products.  Wherever the contour, or highlight is, the powders go.  I applied Cinnamon under the hollows of my cheeks, on the bridge of my nose, and in my crease to define my eye shape more.  I went ahead and took Banana mixed with Nude to highlight my under eye area, forehead, chin, and nose!  To blend everything together I used my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush with circular motions for a natural effect.  Be sure to wipe the brush occasionally on a clean paper towel so the two cream contour shades are prominent.  After applying the cream contour I went into my Bobbi Brown Bronzer!  A lot of people go right into the powder contouring BUT contouring takes away color from the face which is why instead of doing the order cream, powder contour, bronzer, we do it in the reverse!  I swept on the matte product with my Tarte Swirl Powder Brush.  The areas I CONTOURED, are the places the bronzer was applied!
         Now onto the powder contouring! 
Using my Sephora #74 brush I contoured the SAME areas done in the cream section, with the dark brown powder.  This will deepen the shadows and provide a balance to the bronzer.  After doing so I switched to another #74 and patted on the light yellow to any areas I highlighted.

I have been using my Cream blushes by Nyx a lot lately,  which is making me regret not using them!  I stippled on the color Glow with the Ultimate Blending Brush right on the tops of my cheekbones.  These have high pigment but are easily buildable, so start with a little product and work your way up until you have the desired affect. 

I have been hooked Elfs shimmering facial whip!  These little gems definitely pack a punch for $1.00!  I squeezed a little out onto the palm of my hand and warmed up the product.  Then using my ring finger I dabbed it on my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, slightly on my forehead, and on the cupids bow!  To add a more glowing effect I brushed Incandescent light down the bridge of my nose and in my tear ducts with a Elf Concealer brush (talk about multi-purpose).

To finish up the face I dusted Makeup Forevers HD Setting Powder under my eyes, on my forehead and on my chin with Sephora's Teardrop Highlighter Brush!  Then I spritz on some UD All Nighter :)




After working on my face and setting it I went into my dip brow!  I tend to be using this more often because it is waterproof and have nice rich pigment.  I lined and filled in my brows with my #12 ABH brush.

After doing my brows I went into a cream shadow! With my ring finger I applied it to the entire lid area and under my lash line.

*Too Faced Natural Eyes, Honeypot, Nudie, Chocolate Martini, Heaven, Erotica, Lace Teddy
Before doing anything I patted on Heaven with a standard fluffy shadow brush all over my lid, up to my brow bone.  After doing so I applied honeypot to the inner corners of my eyes slightly blending into mid lid with a Mac 239.  Speaking of the mid lid, I mixed Chocolate Martini with Erotica and using side to side motions blended the shade into Honeypot.  

Make sure honeypot is distinct from the chocolate brown before moving onto the next step!

I went into Nudie with a large fluffy blending brush I had gotten a few years ago- any brush will do.  Simply blend Nudie in the crease with circular motions that smoke out around under the lash line!

Lace teddy was put into the inner corners of my eyes and on my brow bone to enlarge the area.

*Too Faced Cat Eyes, Panther, Leopard, Tiger Eyes
Rather using my typical 217 blending brush by mac, I went into a pencil brush (219) to smudge the color Leopard out more.  You may use either or but the pencil brush makes for a more concentrated color scheme. 

After Nudie I went into the shade Leopard!  This is a deep brown with gold reflects which complements Honeypot beautifully!  Using my 219 pencil brush by Mac I smudged the color in my crease and slightly into the mid lid with circular, and side to side motions.  I dragged the color under my lash line too and deepened it up with Panther.

Lastly, I took Tiger Eyes and smudged it right next to panther for a gradient effect!


I had used this on my water line with the back end of a Urban Decay Naked Pallet brush.  It added to the "smokey" effect.  You can use a dark brown but I felt the pure black made the eyes stand out more and didn't blend into the natural colors used.

BTW you may of noticed I did not line my eyes!  I simply smudged Leopard across my lash line, dampened of course, and then applied my lashes!