Monday, November 23, 2015

Glittery Fall Leaves Makeup Tutorial



         Today's makeup look consists of products I rarely use since they need some lovin' too!  This look was different for me primarily because of the coral slightly orange toned lips.  I hardly wear corals since I find they're a tad too bright for me.  Then, I realized I love bright colors so why be afraid of it.

  The best part about this look is the lip color is totally up to you because the eyes are a bronzy duo of shades- meaning any color will work.  To the right is an example of lip color that would also be very flattering for this makeup look! It is Mac Paramount with Mac Fleshpot right in the center.  

    Doing my face also only took me 15 minutes which is a record for me since I normally take 20-25 minutes.  Keeping in mind the face was a breeze, the eyes only took a total of 17 minutes total!  Pigments are much easier to use than pressed eyeshadows because even dusting the bronze shade over my lids creates a dramatic and easy flirty look.

    By the way, next week I will be updating my favorite products of the month since December is only a week away *-*.  If you haven't noticed, any products on that list I have used basically the ENTIRE month such as the Hourglass N28 Primer!

*Burberry Fresh Glow, Nude Radiance 
*SmashBox Contour Kit, Light/Medium

     Before putting on a primer I made sure to wash my face and exfoliate my skin for about 6 minutes.  I mixed Bobbi Brown's Buffing Grains with Murad's Time Release Acne Cleanser, then finished it off with Fresh's Seaberry Oil.   This oil is extremely thick in texture, so depending on the amount of time you have, is the type of moisturizer you should use.  For example, Josie Maran's Light Oil takes less time to absorb into my pores than the Fresh Seaberry Oil!

    Now that your skin is clean you can move onto a primer.  Again, just like the oil this is subjective.  I chose the Hourglass N28 primer because my skin is a little under the weather- even with the use of buffing grains.  I used a pump of the primer and disbursed it evenly across my cheeks, T-zone, and chin!  Any excess product was just gently smoothed over slightly drier areas.

    I know, this is a first since I used a foundation other than my beloved Too Faced Born This Way.  Since my skin is relatively good break out wise I wanted to use a lightweight foundation, that being Nars Sheer Glow in Gobi!  I mixed Gobi with Burberry's Fresh Glow for some added radiance, then I went right into my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush.  I really need to buy a pump for my Sheer Glow because I keep having the issue of the product running off my hand, literally.  At any rate, I dipped my brush in the mixture and patted two strokes on both cheeks, one stroke down my forehead to my nose, and any remaining product on my chin. Then, I blended the product on my cheeks outwards toward my hair line with light patting motions and continued the motion all the way up until I reached my forehead.  By the time I got to my forehead I simply tugged the product side ways with multiple stokes this way it looked more natural. 

      I normally go right into concealing, but today that wasn't necessary.  I actually have NEVER used my Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer, and thought what better way to use products I never have touched than now!  I used the concealer as a highlight rather concealer since it is notably lighter than my actual skin.  Using the applicator I created an upside down triangle under my eyes toward my hair line, a line down the bridge of my nose, one line on top of my jaw line for each side, then since I had minor blemishes on my forehead slight dotting motions on those areas.  Before blending in, I picked up my contouring cream and a concealer brush from Sephora.  I contoured the sides of my nose, applied one line for the hollows of my cheeks, and another for my jaw line.

      Blending was fairly simple especially with the Makeup Geek Foundation Stippling brush!  I simply used circular motions for the contour shades, and highlight shades from my jaw up to my cheek bones then for the under eye highlight's I used slight patting motions.  As for the nose I continued the circular blending motions and then used slight stippling motions for my forehead since I had minor redness.  

       For the bronzing, and power contouring I used only one brush, the Tarte Swirl Powder Contouring and Bronzing brush.  This is super versatile because not only can I create blurred contour lines, I also can do quick highlighting!  Even though the Mac Mineralized Skin Finish is not a bronzer I decided to use it anyway because the peach tones stand out on my skin.  I swept the product on my jaw line, under my cheek bones and slightly on my temples.  

      Then, I went into a Smashbox's step by step contour kit which I have not used since last January.  It really is not my favorite since it is extremely powdery, but change is good!  I took the first taupe shade and brushed it right under the hollows of my cheeks.  Then, I squeezed the brush bristles together and dusted two lines on the sides of my nose the met at the tip for my desired nose shape.  To finish things up I went into the yellow shade and brushed it on my forehead, in between my cheek and jaw highlight, and under both eyes.  I avoided my nose because it was super flakey by this point and powders will only make it worse!

   The finishing steps are super simple!  I first blended in Mac's blush in Well Dressed to the tops of my cheeks with a Mac 174.  I believe any cool toned pink will work, perhaps even a coral, there are endless options since the eye look leans bronzy!  After applying the blush, I used my Sephora #74 brush and applied Becca's illuminzer in Champagne Pop to my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose, and my chin.  This works well with the bronzer since both exhibit peachy tones!

     Lastly, using the Sephora #74 I went into Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.  I applied a hefty amount under my eyes, and any excess was brushed onto my forehead as well as chin, and between the cheek and jawline contour.  I finished things up with Urban Decay's All Nighter spray once the eyes were complete.  

  Most people might prefer doing the eyes first actually since this look involves glitter but I did my face first since it takes me the longest and clean up is no biggy! 


After my face was completed I went straight into the brows! 
Using my ABH #12 brush I spoolied through each brow then lined my eyebrows with one steady stroke.  After doing so I filled them in and gave them one last spoolieing to make the product disbursed properly.

        I used only a pinky amount of product and rubbed it all over my lid up to my brows.  Any product left over was rubbed right under my lower lash line.  Do not stress on the lower lash line with the primer because I used a glitter adhesive!

*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pans in Bitten, Corrupt, Latte
*Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow Pigments in Penelope, and Goldilux

    Right from the gecko I applied Penelope to my lids with a Mac 239 brush.  Most people do the crease first, but I like to use the lids as my guide!  

 Once I gently tapped on the color I went right into Makeup Geek Latte.  With a big fluffy Sephora blending brush and circular motions I blended right around Penelope and dragged the shade under my lower lash line.  

  Then, I switched to a coarser brush, my Mac 217, and picked up Bitten.  I kept the color in the outer V and used slight side to side motions to keep the maroon prominent.  If you do not have Bitten, Cocoa Bear will do as it has red tones to it as well!  For some added depth I went back to my Sephora blending brush and patted Corrupt into Bitten.  Be sure to use a light hand when picking up product since it is very easy to go overboard with this particular color!

     After the crease was finished I squeezed a pea sized amount of the glitter glue on the back of my hand, and began to pat it onto my lids and underneath my lower lash line. Don't be shy with the product usage-  you will need a super sticky base too allow the two loose shadows too remain in place all day and be super glittery!  I used a flat lip brush by Sephora to apply the shadows, make sure the brush you use is synthetic and not fluffy for direct application.

Now to the fun part :)!
    I took Penelope once again and patted it with side stokes onto both lids.  Then, I went back into the pigment and dipped it into Goldilux, then back once more into Penelope.  I patted the mixture all over my lids and extended it slightly toward were I placed Corrupt.  Then, I went ahead and lined my lower lash line with Penelope fading into Goldilux.  I used a paper towel under my eyes because this stuff gets SUPER messy and will ruin the face makeup if not done correctly.  

Continue the these two steps until you reach your desired glitter amount.
If you do happen to make a boo boo go back into the brush used to blend out the contour shades and dust away the product!  



I used a Mac 210 and lined my waterline. 
 This is defiantly waterproof so beware watery eyes will happen midday.  



The lips are Anastasia Beverly Hills Lipgloss in Melon.  I have a review here!