Friday, October 23, 2015

Mermaid Eyes Makeup


          Hey guys :)!  Today I had only done one eyeball because it was one of those days, if you catch my drift.  I have been super tired and with the weather changing, it's not a good mix.  After reviewing all my pallets I noticed I never got any use out of my Makeup Geek shadow in Mermaid!  Being this color is a super fun teal, I figured today was the perfect day to use it and hopefully wake my tired self up!   I tried to aim for a sparkly, yet mysterious shadow look as I used a significant amount of MUG Corrupt.  This will be rather short tutorial but well worth it being it was super fun to create :)! 
 After this I will be posting a glam fall makeup look! Minus the eyeball.  How weird. 

Rather my typical brows I wanted ones that stood out!  I went into ABH's Dipbrow Pomaid in Soft Brown and lined with their #12 brush!  
After lining my brows for the basic shape, I filled them in with MUFE Aqua Brow in 10.  Before moving onto the shadow base I made sure to let them dry for 2 minutes. 

Rather my typical Bobbi Brown Bone cream shadow, I went for a black shadow base!  This enhances the metallic shades more and forms a depth in color.  I applied this with the UD Electric brush and patted it predominately on my lid. 

*Makeup Geek Shadows- Mermaid, Cocoa Bear, Peach Smoothie, Corrupt
Urban Decay Electric Pallet- Freak, Revolt, Fringe 

    After the shadow base was applied I went right into MUG Mermaid. This color is SO beautiful, the picture doesn't do it justice!  The shade is teal with gold reflects which made the blue really pop in my eyes. I patted this in the inner corners of my lid with a standard fluffy shadow brush.

     Once I patted Mermaid on the inner third of my eyes I took Fringe and placed it mid lid using the same shadow brush, in patting motions.  I went into Freak and placed it directly on-top of mermaid, making sure to not mix the colors and then topped it off with Revolt.  The mixture of Revolt and Freak created a lovely icy blue shade which was to my surprise since Freak is an acid green!

    The crease was fairly simple and required only two brushes; a mac 217, and 227.  I first took Cocoa Bear and with my 217 blended it in.  I made sure to blend it in an "C" shape almost and concentrated the color around Fringe.  Next, I went into Corrupt.  Using the same 217 I applied this in my inner V, and under my lower lash line!  Again, I really concentrated the color near the last third of my lid.  

   To even out the gradience of the crease I took Peach Smoothie with a Mac 224 and dusted it right on-top of Cocoa Bear in sweeping motions!

Beware of this stuff...I had huge clumps over my lashes :(   
 Like literally, a huge glob of mascara and it was a pain in the butt to remove since it transferred to my waterline!
It irritated my whole eye area!  

Being this isn't the most pigmented liner I know of I decided to use this.  It created a "smoked" and blended out effect.  Using a mac 210 I applied this to my upper lash line, and water line. 


TOOLS