Saturday, October 31, 2015

Kitten Makeup Tutorial


     This is the last Halloween tutorial for the season!  Rather another dramatic look I went for a classic staple for more Halloweeners, a cat!  Next week I will begin my Christmas+Thanksgiving looks which will include lots of warm tones.

    Also, I had done a video on this so most detailing will be explained there.  BY THE WAY, I excluded some parts accidentally because my camera stopped recording.  Those parts will be explained in more depth below (setting, foundation, primer, eyebrows).

*Hourglass N28 Primer
*Too Faced Born This Way- Porcelain 
*Marc Jacobs Re(MARC)able concealer- 1 Awake
*Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation- 1 Warm Ivory
*ABH Cream Contour Kit- Cinnamon, Banana, Nude
*Bobbi Brown Bronzer- Golden Light
*Marc Jacobs #instamarc Filtering Powder in Mirage Filter
*Mac Relaxation Cream Color
*MUFE Uplight- #22
*Colourpop Highlighter- Stole the show
*MUFE HD Setting Powder
*UD Setting Spray

*Marc Jacobs Face II
*ELF Ultimate Blending
*Beauty Blender Pro
*Sephora #77, #74
*Tarte Swirl Powder
*Buxom Lipstick in Shanghai
*NYX Cola Lip pencil

       Before doing anything I cleansed my face with Murad Time Release Acne Cleaner+ Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains.   I then moisturized with Fresh Seaberry Oil.  I took the oil under my eyes, on my chin, the apples of my cheeks, and T zone.  It adds a lovely glow without looking oily!

       After letting my freshly cleaned face sit for five minutes I went along and applied my Hourglass Primer.  This primer has moisturizing properties as well so it works great against the chilly air, which happens to be making my skin look flakey.  I applied this with my hands and only used one pump!  An excess will make the skin look SUPER oily- which is not what the goal is here.

  Cats are FLAWLESS.  To look flawless I used Too Faced Born This Way foundation in Porcelain! Rather using my typical Beauty Blender, I went ahead and used my favorite foundation brush; Marc Jacobs Face II.  I applied one pump.  To begin I started by placing some product on my chin and worked it out up mid way to my cheek bones.  At the point I began stippling the product in place with light brushing motions.  I made sure to work the product outwards for a more natural effect.

   After doing the foundation and letting it set for about two minutes, I concealed some blemishes and dark circles with my Marc Jacobs Re(MARC)able concealer.   Originally I wanted to use my Nars Radiant concealer but then I realized my skin is super flakey and nothing covers that better than my re(marc)able concealer!  I blended the product in with my finger in patting motions.  To set this I took a barley dampened beauty blender and stippled on Bobbi Browns Powder Foundation.  The powder foundation method works better to me than the "baking" method because it creates a flawless base without the cake-like affect.

   As seen in the video I went ahead and contoured my face!  I used my current favorite, Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit.   To contour I used Cinnamon and for highlighting purposes I mixed Banana and Nude together.  For applying the product I used a #77 Sephora Brush.  Banana and Nude were brushed underneath my eyes in downward triangles, on the bridge of my nose, on my chin, and a slash down my forehead.  The same applies for Cinnamon, I applied it in the hollows of my cheeks, on TOP of my jaw line, and sides of my nose.  To blend the product out I used Elf's Ultimate Blending Brush in circular motions.  I occasionally took product off the brush so the highlight and contour shades were distinct.

  Alright, before continuing the contouring process I added some color back to my face with Bobbi Browns Golden Bronzer.  I simply used the Tarte Swirl Powder brush and in a reverse "3" applied it down from my temples, to hollows, and lastly to my jaw line.  The excess product was lightly brushed on the sides of my nose.

   The contouring process was rather simple as Marc Jacobs #instamarc pallet only has two shades.  The first shade is for highlighting purposes. I began with the second shade because I like to contour and tone it down with the highlighter.  Using a #74 Sephora brush, in circular motions, I applied the deep bronze to my cheekbones, under my jaw, and to the sides of my nose.  I tend to avoid my temples because my forehead is narrower than the rest of my face.  Speaking of narrowness- to make my forehead appear wider, I took the highlighting shade with a Sephora Multitasker and brushed it under my eyes, on my forehead and on my chin!

  To finish things up I dabbed on Mac's Relaxation cream color with the Elf Ultimate Blending brush. Then, I applied Makeup Forever's luminizer in #22 to my cheekbones with a Duo Fibre brush by Mac.  I applied Colourpop's highlighter in Stole the Show for some extra dimension on the bridge of my nose, and chin!

   Just to set everything off I applied MUFE HD Setting Powder under my eyes, on my chin, and on my forehead with the #74 brush along with Urban Decays Setting Spray to ensure everything lasts all day!


Before getting into the whiskers and nose, I want to quickly describe what was done to my eyes!  I wanted to keep it smokey but super simple to do since some people tonight will be doing it on the fly!


I applied this color all over my lid with a flat shader brush.  In the video I use an Urban Decay Electric brush and smudge the color all around my eye.


*Too Faced Cat Eyes- Panther, Leopard 
After applying the cream shadow I took Leopard with the same brush and dampened it.  I patted on the wet color to my lid and smudged it underneath my lash line.  I let the brush dry and went over it once more so the bronze sheen show'ed through.
Panther was applied under my lash line and on-top of my kitten nose!

*Stila Eyes are the Window Spirit- Puppy, Kitten+Wheat, Golightly, Espresso
Puppy is applied in the crease right after Leopard is smudged in.  I focused on large circular motions and used a fluffy Sephora blending brush.  After applying my transition, I went into Espresso and really smoked up the crease.  Using a Mac 217 I worked Espresso right into the inner V and lower lash line with circular motions.

Using a Smashbox full Exposure brush I went into the shade "Golightly" and patted it onto my mid lid.  After patting that shade on, I mixed Kitten and wheat together.  I used the combination of these shades to highlight my brow bone and act as an inner corner brightener.

While I did use this liner for my eyes I also used it to draw the whiskers AND cat nose!  More details to that are going to be explained below :)!


I took Jet right onto my waterline for a more intensified look!


The whiskers and nose were the easiest part!  I simple did the lines on each cheek and an oval shaped nose with a line connected to my lips!   

For the lines I made sure each line at some point would intersect.  So, it almost looked like the opening of a flow, just in line form.  

For the nose I formed an oval shape toward the tip and shaded it in.  To set the color I used Panther and then Sugarpill's Stella!