Saturday, October 3, 2015

Girly Pink Makeup Tutorial

    Today is my first post of October eek!  I am going to assure ALL of you that I will begin posting more often however, there is a slight delay being my camera and Diva Light shall arrive on Thursday, October 8th.  Today in my video I did a rant and an update being a week feels like years in YouTube time.  The look done today was all pink despite some silver glitter pigment added.   I steer clear of this color being it just washes me out and doesn't reflect my mood half the time.  THANKS to mum, today is an all pink day; pink shadow, lips, clothing, blush, highlighter you name it.


Base


Sculpting
*ABH Cream Contour Kit in Light- Cinnamon, Banana 
*Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush- Doll face and Beaming (mixed together)

Setting

Lips

Lid
*Makeup Geek Shadows- Beaches & Cream, In the Spotlight
*Mac Eye Shadows- Silly, Passionate
*UD Electric Pallet- Savage 
*SugarPill Loose Eyeshadow- Grand Tiara 
*Naked 3- Blackheart

Liner/Lashes/Brows

Tools
*Mac- 217, 239, 219, 168, 210, 224
*UD Electric Pallet brush
*Sephora Concealer brush, standard shadow brush




        To begin this look I primed my face with Dr Brants Pores No More Primer.  I tend to switch my primer depending on my skin condition that day.  For example, today I had very noticeable pores and rather flakey skin.  This primer does the trick on giving me a smooth canvas.  Going on the subject of how I switch my primers depending on my skin condition, I follow through in this method by choosing a skin complimentary foundation.   Today I chose Nars Sheer Glow foundation in Gobi and applied one even coat using a Marc Jacobs Face II brush.  This brush can be tricky to use for some since it has an angular shape, but I find it is best to lightly stipple the product toward the center of the face and following the natural angles gently drag it out to the temples!

Moving along, I concealed my under eye area and any minor blemishes with Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Coverage Concealer in Awake.  I applied the shade under my eyes in upside down triangles that extended toward my hair line, and I also lightly patted the color onto blemishes.  If you're to use this be careful of your application!  I noticed it is a very creamy texture and clings to dry patches easily if too much is applied.  Speaking of applying I used a Sephora Collection Concealer brush and blended in with a damp Beauty Blender Pro.  To make sure this lasts and to ensure more coverage, I used Bobbi Browns Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in 1 Warm Ivory with the wider side of the BB.   To conclude the prepping process I applied Mac's Paint Pot in Soft Ochre over my lid with my ring finger.

  I must say, contouring is one of my FAVORITE things to do. Please be prepared for a lengthy description!  

   Before using any powders I began with a cream contour, specifically Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in Light.  I used the shade Cinnamon on my cheekbones, jawline, and bridge of my nose.  I tend to avoid contouring my temples because it draws my face in too much- you should only contour areas you want to define or make smaller!  For highlighting I used Banana and similarly to the placement of the concealer I did a downward triangle towards my temples, down the bridge of my nose, on my chin, under my cheekbone contour, and in the middle of my forehead.  

       When it comes to blending in a contour I use both a brush, and Beauty Blender.  The science to this is simple.  Using the Elf Ultimate Blending brush smooth away harsh lines.  Using the Beauty Blender, Blend.  I find using the Beauty Blender alone causes me to break out and the application is not as smooth so, DEFINITELY invest in the $6.00 Elf Brush!

           Onto the powder products!  After you have done a cream contour powder glides on effortlessly- trust me the time spent blending is SO worth it.  Before setting the contour I blended in Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Golden Light.  Using Hourglasses Ambient Powder brush I swept the shade under my jaw,  slightly in the hollows of cheek bones, and on the sides of my nose.  While applying the bronzer I ever so slightly apply it to my temples as I create a backwards three shade.  Next, I contour with Marc Jacobs #instamarc Filtering Powders!  I used the lightest shade that is slightly yellow under my eyes, chin, under my cheek bones, on the bridge of my nose, and forehead with a Sephora #74 Blush Contour Brush.  To further my contour I use the darker golden shade in the same areas I bronzed with a Tarte Swirl Powder Bronzer and Contour Brush.  

BE CAREFUL on the application with the darker shade!!! It is super pigmented and a little goes a long way.

           I have gotten zero usage out of my Tarte Bling it On pallet so, I gave it a go!  I mixed the shades Doll Face and Beaming and applied it slightly above my cheek bones with a MAC 168. I avoided placing it on the apples of my cheeks because I wanted focus on the luminizer.  The highlight I chose is Bobbi Browns Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz!  I avoid this a lot since the pink tones wash me out BUT today I avenged that with a light application using my Sephora Teardrop Highlighter brush.

            Setting my face is rather self explanatory- I heavily applied the Makeup Forever HD Setting Powder under my eyes, on my chin, and on my forehead with a Sephora #74 brush.  I swept away excess powder by using circular motions with the #74 brush, and to ensure this lasts ALL day I sprayed Urban Decay's All Night Spray in an X formation 5-10 times.  

       Before I applied any eyeshadow I did my eyebrows!  Using my ABH #12 brush I gently spoolied each eyebrow then dipped my brush into the DipBrow PomAid.  I first lined each eye brow to create a defined shade, top to bottom then gradually filled it in with short strokes to mimic eyebrow hair best.

        Since my eyelids are already primed I began by placing MUG In the Spotlight on my entire eyelid with a Mac 239.  After I gently patted this shade on I took another Makeup Geek shade (Peaches and cream) and swept it in the crease with a Mac 224.  I applied Beaches and Cream using circular motions this way the shade was evenly disbursed and not heavily concentrated.  After blending in my transitional shade I swirled my 217 Mac brush into Silly and applied this into my crease.  I used the same tiny circular motions and focused more on the depth of this color since it will create a nice fading effect for the next shade.  I wasn't feeling the baby pink look so I decided to amp it up with Urban Decays Savage!  Using the same 217 I blended this shade in the inner V and slightly under the lash line.  I made sure to build up the color since this easily stains and can be hard to blend at times.  Finally, I applied Passionate by Mac closer to the lash line for more depth and a girlier touch! 

          I took SugarPill's Loose Eyeshadow in Grand Tiara and popped the color in the inner corners with my ring finger.  I couldn't stand a fully pink look and felt silver goes with EVERYTHING.

     Lastly, I saturated my brush in Opal from the Sephora Moonshadow pallet and highlighted my brow bones with a standard shadow brush. This golden shade accented the pinks and silvers perfectly.  

Also!
 I took Blackheart from the Naked 3 pallet and slightly smoked out my lower lash line with a Mac 219.  

  The final touches of this look were rather simple!  Using a Mac 110 I created a thin cat eye with Bobbi Browns Gel Liner in Black Ink. I am not fond of this stuff, however it does get the job done.  The reason I used two creme liners is the ABH one is waterproof and a richer black making it ideal for my water line.  To top this off I applied my Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and coated it twice with Nars Audacious Mascara.  Yes, using two mascaras is nuts but hey, my sex ran out man.  
For more of a Va Va Voom look I applied House Of Lashes Iconic using HOL Lash glue and ta-da look completed!

     For the lips I applied one coat of Urban Decays Revolution Lipgloss in Quiver and in the middle a dash of Miley Cyrus Viva Glam Ligloss!