Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Golden Cherry Seduction

           Red shadow is something most steer clear of- in fact red lipstick is often seen as quite daring.   However, I have not touched my Love+ and Asylum shadows since I bought them via Sugarpill.com. As you might of guessed today is a red day!  Now, I didn't go full on BAM! WOW! RED!  Instead, I took a more soft approach blending the red into a lovely purple and I threw in some bronze glitter, because who doesn't need glitter in their lives?   I know I do.  Therefore- you will be using some glitter pigments for this makeup look!


Face


Blended in with fingers- Nars RDC placed under my eyes!

Patted over concealed areas with a dampened Beauty Blender

Blended in with a dampened BB


Applied to my cheeks with a Mac 159

Applied the contour+highlight with a Sephora #74 

I applied/blended both with my ring finger!

Applied with #74 Sephora brush


Lips

*Mac Paramount 


 Eyes


White Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle

White Chocolate was placed over Bone to set the cream shadow (standard shadow brush)

Salted Caramel was placed in the crease on top of Cocoa Bear with a Mac 217

Cherry Cordial was blended into my crease (217)

Champagne Truffle was placed on my brow bone to highlight (standard shadow brush)


*Makeup Geek- Corrupt, Latte, Cocoa Bear

Corrupt was smudged under my lash line and in my inner V with a Mac 219

Latte was blended under Corrupt for a less harsh look (Mac 224)

Cocoa Bear was placed in the crease as a transition shade (Mac 217)


*Sugarpill Shadows+Pigments- Penelope, Asylum, Love+

Penelope is placed towards the inner corners of my eyes 

Asylum was layered over Love+ with a Mac 239

Love+ was placed on the lid and slightly shaded in for a more subtle look (Mac 239)


Lined my upper lash line+ waterline with a Mac 209 


*Ardell #120 Wispies (my current LOOOOVE!)


Compared to my other makeup looks, this definitely is the most dramatic at the moment however I found it stayed all day and was quite wearable despite the fun colors added (red, and purple).  By the way after trying tons of foundations I think I have found that "holy grail" product and it happens to be the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel!  It has lovely build-able coverage, doesn't clog my pores, stays matte, and is a great color match!  Compared to previous foundations I definitely prefer this and would recommend it to anyone- even dry skin textures (doesn't cling to dry patches as much as other foundations do).