Friday, September 4, 2015

1930's Inspired Sultry Eye

My 'makeup of the day" was done on whim- and it was done at night.  This being the case, it hopefully explains the horrible lighting on my full faced photo (SORRY).  I happened to really like the way my eyes came out so, tonight I shall share the details with you guys!  This was inspired by the 1930's flappers as they wore very dramatic makeup all around town (i.e dark eyes, dark lips in heart shapes).  This look also gave me a reason to wear my new Colourpop liquid lipstick in Avenue!


Eyes



*Makeup Geek shadows:  Corrupt, Latte, Vanilla Bean 
Corrupt is place on-top of Nyx's shadow base with a Mac 239 brush.  I smudged this underneath my lash line too
Latte is put in the crease and slightly blended into corrupt with a Mac 224 brush
Vanilla Bean was used to highlight my brow bone- standard shadow brush

I took Multi-Tasker in my inner V just to keep the crease on par with the darkness of Corrupt

I patted Stella on-top of Corrupt with my index finger AND smudged it underneath my eyes with a 219 Mac brush






Face




Layered over the concealer with a dampened Beauty Blender

*ABH Cream Contour Kit in Light- Banana, Cinnamon

Blended in with a Nars #21 contour brush

Applied to my cheekbones with a Sephora #74 cheek contour brush


Applied with my Beauty Blender to my under eyes, chin, and forehead


*KVD Contour Kit- Lyric, Subconscious 
Contoured, and highlighted with a #74 Sephora brush.

Lips


This was applied right in the middle of my lips for more depth :)!