Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Deep Smoke

     So, this is my first post on my fabulous new blog.  Might sound quite cliche being this journey has just begun however, you have to start somewhere!  Todays look I have not uploaded to my youtube however it was way too gorgeous to resist blogging about it!
Look how gorg!
     This whole look came about primarily due to me going on a Ulta shopping spree...and maybe a Sephora one...makeup geek one...you get the idea!  At any rate, I had snagged some ABSOLUTELY AMAZING pigments from Nyx Cosmetics.  These pigments are only $2.00 each and at Ulta vary in price due to SALES. Yes. Sales. On AMAZINGLY. AFFORDABLE. JARS OF SHIMMER. The shades I had picked up are Nude, Rust, Mink, and Walnut. Not only do these have great staying power (with a primer) they have such unique shimmer to them with minimum fall out.
Okay. Enough with my bragging onto the good stufff


   The products used are only specific to the eye area as the face isn't the main focus today however, I will towards the end post a photo, full faced, and a description of the products used.

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original You can buy the product here by clicking this link!
Eyeshadow:  Base shade- Foxy from the Naked 2 pallet by Urban Decay You can purchase the product here however, any eggshell like shadow will do!
Transition shade- Makeup Geek Latte You can buy it here!
Crease shade- MUG (makeup geek) Mocha mixed with Mac's Brun MUG shadow Mac shadow
Inner corner- NYX Nude Clickk (:- This link works for all of the NYX pigments!
Mid lid- NYX Mink
Outer lid- NYX Rust
Inner V- NYX Walnut
Outer V- MUG Corrupt You can buy the matte black here!
Brows- Benefit Cosmetics Gimmie Brow in Light/Medium Click here to purchase
Lashes- House of Lashes "Siren" In love with these! They're super easy to apply too! Click to purchase.
Liner- MUG Immortal Gel Liner + Mac teddy in tear duct

Brush wise I stuck to a Mac 217 blending brush, a Mac 239 shader brush, a Mac 224 Tapered blending brush, and a 219 Pencil brush to smudge MUG Corrupt under my lashes and connect it with NYX pigment in Nude.
Despite this look not being your "everyday natural" look, it certainly is beautiful for any season, occasion, and clothing color scheme to be honest.  While it appears better suited for Autumn (as thats what inspired me...forget Summer haha), I have worn this eye look out and have found it makes the blue's and green's in my eye's pop dramatically!

Aside from this, here is how my full face looked with both eyes done!


On my skin I am wearing Smashbox photo finish primer with Nars Sheer Glow foundation in Gobi onto.  To conceal further imperfections I went in with Cover Fx concealer in N Extra Fair.  To set the concealer I used Bobbi Brown's powder foundation in Warm Ivory . Next, I used Hoola bronzing powder by Benefit Cosmetics on the tops of my cheeks, nose, and neck. To contour further I used Marc Jacobs Light Filtering Powders in Mirage Filter.  This way I did not look deathly pale I decided to go into the new Too Faced Love Flush blush in Baby Love.  Finally, to highlight I used Becca Cosmetics in Opal and set my face with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.

All in all this is a super sultry look with loads of bronzy aspects to it.  In the future I might upload a video on this however for now it remains a blog post(: