Thursday, July 16, 2015

Bronzed Smokey Halo Inspired Makeup Tutorial+ New Mac Products Review

Hey guys! So recently I have been digging the "halo" eye trend and decided to put my own twist on it using a smokey eye method.  Yes, I have done SOOOO many neutral eyes lately however this is a different one (said like the last time).  In this tutorial I a) using one eyeshadow pallet and b) test out my new Mac products!!  Speaking of which I LOVE!!

The foundation I was recommended is the Studio Sculpt in NC15.  Normally, (as explained in my Youtube video) I am a NC20 however this foundation is known to run darker in color so I opted in for a lighter shade.  The lighter shade fit me perfectly and was the first foundation I could easily build up coverage on.  Not only did it blend like a dream and left NO streaks, it gave me the "glowing from within" look I was striving for. Despite this being so fabulous it wore off rather quick (6 hours).  I think this is due to the SPF in it...oh well. 

 I also picked up the pro longwear concealer in NC15.  Now, let me tell you it is DEFINITELY long ware.  In fact you should remove it with a waterproof makeup remover.  It tops my holy grail concealer which was Cover Fx's cream concealer in N extra light.  It not only covers better, it lasts longer which is a must for me!

Going onto more glow items, I picked up a highlighter or "mineralized skin finish" in lightscapade (I have been saying lightscape for a day now).  It gives a super glowy and subtle highlight to the face however, I would rather my BECCA Moonstoon highlighter as it is more reflective on camera.

Foundation rating: 9/10
Concealer rating: 10/10
Mineralized Skinfinish rating: 7/10





My skin looked baby smooth AND was super easy to build up coverage on!
Face:
*Mac Prep+Prime Skin Base
*Mac Studio Sculpt SPF 15 in NC15~  I used a Marc Jacobs Foundation brush 2
*Mac Pro longwear concealer in NC15
*Bobbi Brown Powder Foundation in Warm Ivory~ Set with large powder brush by Mac
*Cover Fx contour kit in N light
*Hourglass Bronzer in Luminous Radiant Bronzer~ I used a Nars contour brush
*Marc Jacobs #instamark filtering powder in Mirage Filter~ Sephora #74
*Mac Well Dressed Blush
*Mac Lightscapade 
*MUFE HD setting powder
*Urban Decay Setting Spray

Eyes:
*MUFE Aqua brow in #10- ABH #12 brush
*ABH dipbrow in Blonde
*Smashbox 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer
*Too Faced Cat Eyes Pallet (Meow, Tiger eyes, Leopard, and Purr to highlight)
*Smashbox full exposure brush, Mac 219, Mac 224, Sephora blending brush, Mac lipstick brush
*Marc Jacobs O! MEGA lash in Black

Lips:
*Mac Whirl liner
*Mac Shy Girl